“Service is crap”

Ranked #446 of 1,856 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed February 16, 2014

My wife and I went to the Barley Room for the first time last night. It was a Saturday night but early in the evening, and not much of a crowd at that time. We sat at the bar and ordered drinks. The young lady that was our bartender, dark haired and thin, has to be the worst I have ever come across. While she did bring my drink fairly quickly, she had to take the time to go to the end of the bar to talk trash about some other customers to what seemed to be her friends before she could be bothered to bring my wife her drink. This group of people were about 5 seats away from us but the rude comments were said so loudly that it was as if she was standing in front of us. There were 2 other bartenders behind the bar. A young guy and a blond hair girl. Both of them seemed to be very professional and pleasant but it wasn't enough to make up for this rude little girl! We move out to the patio but the service went from bad to non existing. I blame these problems on the management. If they are not able to hire and properly train their staff they should be in a different field. One that has nothing to do with customer service.

4  Thank 505Noah

Reviewed December 19, 2013

I have always had my doubts about bar food, but have heard nothing but good things about the Barley Room. I had a chicken breast dish with chipotle barbeque sauce. With the sides that accompanied the chicken, it was one good, hearty meal - I emphasize good. I am a big eater, so I like hearty. I also had the green chili stew, which was wonderful. My partner had the stew and a New Mexico burger which had everything on it except the kitchen sink. We both loved the stew and my partner loved the burger. I would go back in a flash - I've been in Albuquerque for years and this is one of the best bar restaurants I've been to. The service was a little slow considering the bar was practically empty.

1  Thank MarshtheFoodMonger
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was my third time here and have enjoyed each visit. The Southwestern Egg Rolls with carne adovada were excellent. My son-in-law had the pork slider app as an entree and I had the steak sandwich. Both were excellent. It is really great to have Alaskan Amber in NM now! Ummmm good!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Reasonable happy hour apps and brews. Food is good for bar food. People are allowed to smoke on the patio.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Our first trip to the Barley Room! Wish this gem was on the Westside. Great service, excellent food! My husband and son had burgers. Everything was hot, fresh and tasted wonderful. I had the buffalo salad, very fresh, chicken was really tender! We'll go back again, but since it's across town for us, we won't be able to be regulars. Come to the westside, there is nothing like this
great place over on this side of town!