“Used to be great.”

Savory Fare
Ranked #55 of 141 Quick Bites in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Description: At Savory Fare, our food is home style with attention to freshness, nutrition, taste and quality. We offer breakfast and lunch in our cafe Monday thru Saturday. Our specials change daily with an emphasis on seasonal ingredients. Each evening, we offer a freshly prepared take home dinner as well as a selection of soups and deli salads for take out. Our dessert case always has a large selection of cakes, pies, and individual desserts. You may also custom order desserts and speciality cakes. Savory Fare is a premier Albuquerque caterer. Look to our catering department help make your wedding, party or business event a smashing success. You can pick up catered items from our location, or choose from our on-site services ranging from delivery and setup to full service. Savory Fare is a local, family owned and operated business. We appreciate your business, and we're proud to call Albuquerque home.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Under new ownership, Savory is no longer the great place it once was.
We cannot understand why the new owners would change such a good dining and take-out experience.

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (45)

Reviewed August 15, 2019 via mobile

Savory Fare has been a favored spot for lunch since it opened. The desserts are consistently fresh and tasty. Truly like mom use to make. I loved the chicken salad on the best baguette ever. Was I completely disappointed when on a recent visit the baguette is now the worst/dry/heavy bread I have ever had. The chicken salad changed to something I didn’t recognize and the quiche he had was bland without any flavor. Nothing we had was better than horrible. I told the person at the cash register my thoughts. It was almost 12:00 pm. A time when it is usually crowded and few people were there. Others must know about the decrease in quality. I usually keep a couple of desserts in my freezer. Looks like that will be over. They did remodel and there is more room between tables and the fruit cup was the same. I will greatly miss my old favorite.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed June 4, 2019

I went to Savory Faire for lunch, ordering a bowl of soup and a half-sandwich. When they arrived, they were very enjoyable. But it was nearly half-an-hour between ordering and paying at the counter and actually receiving the food. That's way too long for a deli-style place of business.

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed March 20, 2019

This restaurant boasts an award as a 'great undiscovered' eatery in Albuquerque. Not sure it earned that today. My companion recommended it, and was not happy with the overly-floured thick green chile and chicken soup. I got the vegetarian mushroom barley, and thought it quite good. The quiche arrived having been nuked into warmth with a soggy crust that fell off before the plate hit the table and was tasteless. My special-of-the-day crepes paprikesh were also not made to order. The crepe and filling were obviously pre-made, then assembled, nuked and covered with a congealed white sauce that tasted mostly of flour. Given this place has a bakery format, the accompanying bread lacked outer crust and inner texture and tasted just like a roll that you pick up at 2-for-$1 at Smiths; I'd be shocked if you told me it was baked on premises or even on the day we ate it. Your order, pay, and are served at the table. Service was amazingly prompt, which was not surprising since both our meals came out of the microwave. We thought the sandwiches and desserts looked better than anything we ordered -- I might go back once more to test other items on the menu, but this trip was disappointing.

Date of visit: March 2019
Reviewed December 11, 2018 via mobile

This is our go to place for holiday pies. They provide high quality food and service. Lunch is also enjoyable.

Date of visit: November 2018