“Pit stop while @ Nob Hill area”

Crazy Fish Restaurant
Ranked #1,066 of 1,766 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Japanese, Seafood, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Lakeport, California
“Pit stop while @ Nob Hill area”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

(S)nob Hill has turned into a colorful and trendy area with plenty to check out, so long as you have $$. If you are just driving around, this is an interesting area with a heavy arts emphasis.

Crazy Fish is plain inside, but the decor they do have is top notch old manga art if you are into that. Fish was fresh and ya gotta try the green tea cheesecake.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank kathologist

Scottsdale, Arizona
“Creative Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

We went to dinner early so it was quiet. The creativeness of the sushi chef was fabulous. The fish was fresh and some of the dishes had the New Mexico flare. Yum Yum!!
Our waitress was great!

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Netthejet
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Really bad sushi”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

My wife and I went at 9p on a Saturday. Good location, and pleasant if sparse decor. But the sushi is really miserable. The eel rolls contained a mashed fishy paste lacking flavor contained in a roll of dry rice which was falling apart. The sushi tasted very "fishy" and there was a fish bone in one of the pieces. My wife commented on an odd "metallic" or detergent taste in several of the rolls- perhaps from the metallic platters.

I'll confess that a lunch here a few month earlier was better. But, even in a city known for its fouth-rate sushi, this dinner hit a new low. I think you could do better in the deli section at Albertsons supermarket.

• Visited December 2012
2 Thank Gate95
Ranchos De Taos, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, great service, great location.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

My girlfriend and I went to Crazy Fish for my birthday on July 25 and it was perfect. We had some standard rolls (california, vegas and california with tuna on top), my girlfriend had chicken teriyaki and I had beef yakisoba. All the dishes were prepared quickly and tasted great. The chicken teriyaki was the the greatest piece of chicken my girlfriend said she ever tasted. We were served miso soup within minutes of sitting down and the waiters were on point wit the drinks and removing empty plates. We were surprised, pleasantly, when our waiter brought us a phenomenal asian ginger dressing salad. The location in Nob Hil is perfect as well since Coldstone Creamery and some good bars are within walking distance for after dinner. All in all, everything was perfect and we will be returning every time we visit Abq from Taos.

• Visited July 2012
Red Feather Lakes, Colorado
“Great food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2012

Went to lunch there June 15, had sushi and shrimp and vegetable tempura. Both were great and service was excellent, would highly reccomend!!!

• Visited June 2012