“Lots of STUFF to see while you eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of I Scream Ice Cream

I Scream Ice Cream
Ranked #3 of 75 Dessert in Albuquerque
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids
Dining options: Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Columbia, IL
“Lots of STUFF to see while you eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2013

I had heard this place had great hotdogs and ice cream. There was a large selection of good ice cream but the hot dogs were average and microwaved ( served on buns baked next door ). Bill Warren has lined the walls with ALL KINDS OF MEMORABILIA !
He has a line of GAB to go with the eclectic collections and combined with his selection of delicious ice cream I am willing to overlook my hotdog experience.
My suggestion - eat somewhere else and go to "I Scream Ice Cream" for dessert and the memorabilia collections. You will be glad you did!
This is a VERY child friendly place, with lots of toys that Bill cleans regularly. IF YOU DON'T LIKE CHILDREN RUNNING AROUND, THIS IS NOT A PLACE FOR YOU !!!

Visited October 2013

Reno, Nevada
“Come for the toys, stay for the ice cream”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013

I should focus on the ice cream as that's the reason one should seek out this little destination. Nonetheless, it really is all about the walk down memory lane when it comes to this place. The neat, nostalgic toys, signs, trinkets...abound. Your senses will be assaulted (in a good way) when you step in. So much fun to explore this place while treating yourself to a scoop (or two) of some good ice cream. Worth visiting.

• Visited August 2013
“Super fun and friendly!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Checked this place out an hour before close. Owner was working the counter and was HILARIOUS and friendly. Place is filled with fun quirky and collectible toys. A family of four came in after us and the owner noted the child's birthday and we all sang happy birthday and had FUN! Tons of flavors! Amazing atmosphere and we will be back!

• Visited July 2013
“Best place to take the kids where they can have a great time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I scream ice cream is like a toy store that you can eat ice cream in! It is packed wall to wall with classic toys and memorabilia preparing to give all parents a blast from the past. The owner is always working, scooping ice cream and walking around making sure the kids are happy. It's a good price, good ice cream and the best part is that if your kids get to really have a great time while having ice cream, unlike other ice cream stores that expect them to sit quietly. I highly recommend for people with kids or for anyone who wants to play with some cool toys while they eat!

• Visited December 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“What a nice Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stopped at this shop after reading reviews and were so glad we did. This fun little ice cream shop is small and doesn't look like much from the outside (just in a small strip mall on a side street), but inside is so fun! Decorated in yardsale and 50's memorabilia, you could sit inside for hours and never see eveything. The owner was friendly and personable and a lot of fun to talk to. He visited with our grandsons, put on some "vinyl" records for our enjoyment and shared some stories of famous people who had visited his shop for ice cream. We were there on a week day evening (he's open until 8:00pm) and it wasn't very crowded, but heard that weekends can get quite busy. On Friday nights he plays a movie in the back alley/parking area behind the shop for the neighborhood to come see. It's just a fun place. We always try to choose restaurants locally when we're visiting a new area and if we're ever in Albuquerque again we will definitely go back to "I Scream Ice Cream."

• Visited June 2013