“Tasty Thai Food, Simply Prepared”
Review of Thai Tip

Thai Tip
Ranked #405 of 1,768 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Families with children
Cortlandt Manor
“Tasty Thai Food, Simply Prepared”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

After seven days on the road of Mexican Food every evening, which we love, it was time for a change. We chose Thai Tip.

Both Curry Rice with Tofu and the Steak Salad with Thai dressing were excellent. See pictures.

Thai Tip is a small place with limited seating, so you may wish to carefully time your visit. Suitable for groups up to 4-6.

You choose the degree of hotness. I like hot and spicy, and medium hotness was perfect.

Servers were all young yet attentive.

Small Gripe: No beers on tap. Only bottled beer. No larger bottle sizes, common in most Thai restaurants.

• Visited November 2013

Albuquerque
“okay food. rip off prices.”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

Our visit to Thai Tip left us with mixed feelings. On one hand my food was okay. The portion was quite small. I ordered red curry with beef. While it tasted okay, the beef did NOT look like any beef I've ever seen. It was gray and hard to chew. I found the portion quite small. They served hardly any rice at all. My entrée was $11.35.

My dining companion's entrée was shrimp and chicken with rice. Try as he did, he only found two very small shrimp (dare we say "shrimpy" shrimp?) and only a couple of small bits of tasteless chicken. His entrée was priced at $15,95. These two items, with tip made our less-than-superb meal more then $35. A near sixteen dollar entrée should absolutely have more than two shrimp. No excuse.

While our very pleasant server made sure our water glasses were full, I was never offered more hot water for my green tea.

The owners of the this place must remember they are NOT in Beverly Hills. This is Albuquerque where there are any numbers of excellent Thai restaurants where two can dine for just about half the cost of our bill.

The restaurant itself was scrupulously clean. And the staff was pleasant. But, come on, $35 for Thai? Never again

• Visited October 2013
New Mexico
“Best Thai in Albuquerque”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Thai Tip is not much to look at on the outside being a very small place with only a few tables crammed in the corner of a small shopping center but what it lacks in size and appearances, it more than makes up for in the quality of the food which is for the Albuquerque area quite possibly the best Thai that this city has to offer which is saying much for a city otherwise somewhat lacking a bit on decent Asian cuisine offerings. Unlike many reviewers who say "oh this is the best Thai in town" without actually going to all the Thai restaurants in town, I can tell you that I have indeed visited every single Thai restaurant in the city of Albuquerque and am well aware of the strengths and weaknesses of all of them. Many that get rave reviews are often really quite pitiful or really toned down more for non-Asian tastes or tourist type crowds and are far from the real thing and really perplexes me how some of them can actually get the reviews they actually get. Thai Tip is quite the opposite and is a rare exception to all of the above for Albuquerque and is indeed very good, notches above all the rest of the Thai restaurants for this city. If the owners were smart, they could actually make quite a bit I imagine expanding to a second location or moving to a larger restaurant space in a more prime location. One warning I will give though is everyone should always order their heat spice level 1 to 2 notches below what they might usually order at other Thai restaurants so if you are one who really likes things spicy and "Thai Hot" most places then I would recommend starting with a "Medium" heat level at Thai Tip first time out. If on the other hand, you like some spice but do not like to go overboard, you might want to try "Mild" first time --- Thai Tip's mild still has a fair bit of spice usually though well in tolerance ranges for most people. Medium and above get quite hot. There is another level on their menu called "New Mexico Hot" which is supposed to be a notch below "Thai Hot" but most people I know who are used to Thai Tip's own "Thai Hot" have often said they cannot handle the "New Mexico Hot" so that one is really the hotter level.
The food is very good and usually consistent and the service is usually very attentive even when they are busy which seems to be these days just about every time I visit them and I have had more than a few occations where I litterally had to run a race against other customers bailing from the parking lot to the front door in a hurry to grab what is often the last table. More often than not, you may need to wait for a table since the place is so very small but it is definitely worth the wait. My wife is fond of the green curry fried rice. Many people frequently comment on the Pinapple Curry which is another very excellent dish at Thai Tip. I myself try to change my order every time I visit and have worked my way through most of the menu though still a few items here or there I have not tried yet. Often I get the sticky rice with Mango for desert when visiting except when I dine alone then it amounts to too much food adding desert.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank MattNM
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great Thai Food”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Lunch with Thai iced tea. Also the pineapple curry with shrimp. My girlfriend had chicken pad thai. Both meals were wonderful! Great service by two waiters. A nice little hidden gem.

• Visited July 2013
Albuquerque, NM USA
“Freshly prepared and yummy”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

This is our favorite Thai in town. It is consistently good and freshly made to your order. The spice levels are consistent. If you don't like your dish or it wasn't exactly what you ordered, they will make you another. Great service and family friendly atmosphere.