“Great Service & Good Food”
Review of Azuma Sushi Teppan

Azuma Sushi Teppan
Ranked #295 of 1,831 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Whether you want to spend a romantic night out with a loved one or want to enjoy a fantastic meal with friends, family, we are truly the premier Japanese restaurant in town. Our teppan chefs provide a unique dining experience for all our customers, and that is the reason why we are such a popular dining attraction locally over the decade. Teppan, also known as teppanyaki, is a traditional form of Japanese cooking that involves cooking an assortment of chicken, steak and seafood items on an iron grill, you are able to eat them straight off the grill, you get to watch the food to be made right in front of you. There is no better way to enjoy a meal with family and friends than by coming to Azuma Sushi & Teppan and watching our teppan chefs and the talent sushi chefs work their magic.
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We ate on the traditional sushi side of the restaurant which was well appointed with private booths and nice atmosphere. It appeared to be well-managed, clean, and efficient. The waitress we had was so sweet and attentive, which I appreciated very much since I had been fighting with my husband all day. Even though I didn't have much of an appetite, the food we ordered came out quickly and was very good. One thing I had never seen before in a restaurant was an electronic device sitting on each table that allowed you to call a manager, wait person, or request your check. I warned my husband NOT to push any of these buttons or there would be consequences. Thankfully, he didn't ring anyone's bells to embarrass me. So all in all, we had a decent dinner despite our personal conflict, thanks to their great staff.

1  Thank WorldSprinter18

Reviewed December 10, 2012

ate here for the first time and were quite pleased. Restaurant has 2 sides, one with teppan style grills. We ate on the sushi side. Very peaceful, calm ambiance. Excellent friendly service. sushi quite good, excellent salmon sashimi and seaweed salad. Nice sake selection. The waitstaff did an excellent job and the sushi chefs were very entertaining. A very good option for sushi in a relaxing setting in ABQ.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

My friends are fans of Azuma and took me there for the first time on Friday. We had the teppan grill and the staff is fantastic, fast, and very nice. The chef was funny and my steak was cooked perfectly. The prices were not as high as I expected and everything was definitely worth it! I will come back with my family soon.

Reviewed August 29, 2012

Waiting to order dinner, a small bug fell on my husband's arm. Then we saw a cockroach on the grill where our dinner would be cooked. I looked on my plate and there was a small cockroach on my plate. We got up and left immediately.

3  Thank Suzan S
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Great fun and wonderful food . The chefs and servers know there jobs, everything is cooked and served the way it should be. We have eaten here several times when in Albuquerque and have recommened this resturant to several friends. Love it Love it . Thanks