“Really good pizza and baked goods”

Golden Crown Bakery
Ranked #1 of 70 Quick Bites in Albuquerque
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Golden Crown Panaderia is a old fashion neighborhood bakery in the Albuquerque old town area. We have had the honor of not only being on the Food Network once in 2004 with the show Food Finds. We are now being featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives : Guy Fieri for our pizzas. We have supplied breads and pastries to many of Albuquerque's finest restaurants and hotels including the Hyatt Hotel, Petroleum Club, Smirolls International Cuisine, Albuquerque Convention Center, Amadoes Pizza, etc. Many of our wholesale and retail customers have been using our baked good for over 25 years.We are now strictly a retail bakery with an amazing coffee bar, We server the first ever New Mexican Style pizza, Our Garden fresh salads come from our indoor garden.The Food Network has featured our New Mexico Green Chile Bread. Empanadas, Pizzas, Our Turkey Bread Sculptures. And Biscochitos. We also carry beer and wine
Reviewed August 1, 2018 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed the pizzas we ordered. Crust was crispy and toppings were fresh and delicious. We had fruit empanadas. They were good but a bit sweeter than we prefer. There were also loaves of bread and other treats available. We ate outside on a balmy July evening. Fun place.

Reviewed July 30, 2018

I wanted to like this bakery -- it has good reviews, it's nice inside, the gentleman that waited on me was very pleasant, but I was not happy with my purchase. I only ordered an empanada and a loaf of their "famous" green chili bread to go. Once I unwrapped my empanada I was disappointed to see that it was definitely overbaked. It tasted okay, but the outer edges were too brown to eat. If I would have still been at the bakery, I definitely would have asked for another empanada.
At lunch I was anxious to make a sandwich with the chili bread. At $9.00 a loaf, I expected this bread to be fabulous. Sadly, it was not. I've been purchasing a chili cheese bread from the farmers market at almost half the price and much, much tastier.
Maybe I just stopped on the bakery on a bad day.

Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

Empanadas dulces! They’re made with a biscochito crust, they have a great selection of fruit fillings, and they’re all delicious. Husband likes the blueberry and cherry; my favorite is the apricot. I get our monthly supply of tea at NM Tea Company next door, then stop by Golden Crown for a dozen empanadas. They freeze well!

Reviewed July 18, 2018 via mobile

Traveling to Albuquerque for the first time, so was seeking the best local places to eat; Golden Crown is one of those fantastic local places visitors must experience. I had a personal (8”) Hawaiian pizza. It was delicious! The empanadas are excellent as well. I would definitely come back in my next trip to Albuquerque.

Reviewed July 11, 2018 via mobile

We stopped by for lunch and will definitely be going back. We ordered a pizza that was half cheese (for the kids) and half green chile and sausage. After we finished off our pizza, with some great live guitar in the background, we went back in for some pastries to take home. Absolutely worth a stop for either a sit down meal or just to grab some pastries to go.