“Friendly and good eats/coffee”

Golden Crown Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1,819 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Golden Crown Panaderia is a old fashion neighborhood bakery in the Albuquerque old town area. We have had the honor of not only being on the Food Network once in 2004 with the show Food Finds. We are now being featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives : Guy Fieri for our pizzas. We have supplied breads and pastries to many of Albuquerque's finest restaurants and hotels including the Hyatt Hotel, Petroleum Club, Smirolls International Cuisine, Albuquerque Convention Center, Amadoes Pizza, etc. Many of our wholesale and retail customers have been using our baked good for over 25 years.We are now strictly a retail bakery with an amazing coffee bar, We server the first ever New Mexican Style pizza, Our Garden fresh salads come from our indoor garden.The Food Network has featured our New Mexico Green Chile Bread. Empanadas, Pizzas, Our Turkey Bread Sculptures. And Biscochitos. We also carry beer and wine
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Neat little hole in the wall not too far from the Old Town area. I came in early and had a chat about coffee, cookies and life with the owner and barista. It turns out Guy Fieri had been there the week before to tape for Diners, Dives and Drive-Ins. Good coffee (and I am from Seattle!), yummy empanadas and the green chili cheese bread was awesome for sandwiches latter in the day. I just wish they were open on the Monday when I came back through town. Closed Mondays.

Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

We were there early and had several empanadas which were delicious. My husband thought they had the best capachino ever!

Reviewed September 21, 2013

Landed in ABQ for a trip to northern New Mexico but we need some lunch. Pulled out the smart phone and checked with Urban Spoon for a highly rated place. 94% said this place and I would 100% concur. Not far off the Interstate, in what appears to be an older home. Wonderful transformation, everyone was super nice and wanted us to enjoy. We ordered the pizza, green chili crust and all I can say is WOW! We are looking for a way to get back here. Lunch really hit the spot and with a mango smoothy to top it off what could be better. I real hidden gem.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

best coffee milk shake ever
extremely friendly staff always there to insure everything is perfect
garden salad the best i have ever had. huge, fresh and all one could ask for

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Pizza is one of my favorite foods and since I moved to Albuquerque 2 years ago, I have been trying to find a good local place. Golden Crown is it! The crust, sauce, and toppings are amazing. Great homemade non chain pizza. I will be back for more pizza and to try their other baked goods!