“Bakery Excellence.”

Golden Crown Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1,826 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Golden Crown Panaderia is a old fashion neighborhood bakery in the Albuquerque old town area. We have had the honor of not only being on the Food Network once in 2004 with the show Food Finds. We are now being featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives : Guy Fieri for our pizzas. We have supplied breads and pastries to many of Albuquerque's finest restaurants and hotels including the Hyatt Hotel, Petroleum Club, Smirolls International Cuisine, Albuquerque Convention Center, Amadoes Pizza, etc. Many of our wholesale and retail customers have been using our baked good for over 25 years.We are now strictly a retail bakery with an amazing coffee bar, We server the first ever New Mexican Style pizza, Our Garden fresh salads come from our indoor garden.The Food Network has featured our New Mexico Green Chile Bread. Empanadas, Pizzas, Our Turkey Bread Sculptures. And Biscochitos. We also carry beer and wine
Reviewed August 22, 2013

One of the best places in town. Love the bakery and especially love the pizza there. Great place with great people.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

First let me say the place is infested with flies inside and outside. They are flying around the sweets that are in the display cases. Seeing this was a real turnoff. The menu consists of basically pizza, deli sandwiches, cookies and empanadas. They do give a complimentary cookie when you enter. The turkey and Swiss was recommended by the cashier so I got that. Not great at all! Nothing special! Tomatoes sliced razor thin! Lol my boyfriend got the cheese pizza with blue corn dough which tasted dry and earthy. Not a good combo and definetly not worth the extra money for the blue corn. I would not recommend this place to anyone, waste of time and money!

1  Thank Chefchic09
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The Golden Crown Bakery is a 'Must Do" in Albuquerque. Prat, the owner is a true American Entrepreneur who uses his own personal recipes that will bring joy to your tastebuds. Just walk in the door and get your official cookie of New Mexico, the biscochitto.

Their baked goods are delicious. In addition to cookies, the pecan bread and the green chili bread or hits. If you a looking for a delicious hand-crafted pizza their's are awesome.

If you are looking for local, and things that are fun and querky in Albuquerque then check them out.

By the way the coffee is great also.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We decided to come here for lunch while we were on vacation in Albuquerque based on the rating on tripadvisor and it didn't disappoint. They have a veggie sandwich which my mother in law said was the best she ever had. I had a veggie pizza with blue corn crust and it was fantastic. My father had a roast beef sandwich and he really enjoyed his too. I wish we had more time to stop in and buy some empanadas but we had to head back. When I am back in the area I will definitely stop in for some good food and hopefully some dessert!

Reviewed July 30, 2013

Got there at 7 to fresh-from-the-oven empanadas. We are used to Tucson style Mexican empanadas---heavy, not light like these. Planned to get one each, ended up with one of each flavor and luscious breakfast for 3 days! Sorry we missed dinner - they are closed on Monday.