WINNER WONDERLAND
Win Big When You Book on TripAdvisor

“Feels like home - better than home cookin'! Try pizza with blue corn crust” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Crown Bakery

Golden Crown Bakery
Ranked #18 of 1,749 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Wine Bar, Brew Pub, Pizza, Pub
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Golden Crown Panaderia is a old fashion neighborhood bakery in the Albuquerque old town area. We have had the honor of not only being on the Food Network once in 2004 with the show Food Finds. We are now being featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives : Guy Fieri for our pizzas. We have supplied breads and pastries to many of Albuquerque's finest restaurants and hotels including the Hyatt Hotel, Petroleum Club, Smirolls International Cuisine, Albuquerque Convention Center, Amadoes Pizza, etc. Many of our wholesale and retail customers have been using our baked good for over 25 years.We are now strictly a retail bakery with an amazing coffee bar, We server the first ever New Mexican Style pizza, Our Garden fresh salads come from our indoor garden.The Food Network has featured our New Mexico Green Chile Bread. Empanadas, Pizzas, Our Turkey Bread Sculptures. And Biscochitos. We also carry beer and wine
Washington, DC
“Feels like home - better than home cookin'! Try pizza with blue corn crust”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Every time I go to New Mexico, Golden Crown Bakery is a destination! It feels like home! The owner is passionate about his service and products! I've eaten my way through the bakery over the years. My mom stops just for the shortbread cookies and the empanadas, which keep fresh for days. I often bring home a loaf of green chili and cheese bread to treat my friends. And their pizza is fantastic! I love the blue corn crust but there are several options. Even though they have become popular now, they are still humble and produce great food in a cozy environment. Only three tables are inside but the new patio area has many tables. Around the holidays, you can order a loaf of bread shaped like a turkey - and have it shipped. Oh, they make a mean cappuccino too. Its close to Old Town and downtown - a gem worth finding.

• Visited February 2013

Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Biscochitos”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

Have been buying breads and cookies from Golden Crown Panederia for 40 years, the location changed many, many years ago but not the quality. The only place to get biscochitos (the New Mexico State cookie) for Christmas and throughout the year. Now great pizzas and sandwiches too! Don't expect a fancy establishment but it is real New Mexico and we love it!

1 Thank P A
Fair Oaks, California
“Worth a stop.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stopped in late in the day,. The cookies are excellent and also tried a powered sugar apricot roll up, messy but you look like you were in a snow storm after eating it.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank suethe
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“The absolute best green chile cheese bread EVER!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

We stumbled into this place and what a stroke of good luck. They greet you with a complimentary cookie and then you can drool over the pastries and cookies in the cases. You can get a quick lunch - we had pizza. We took bread and peanut butter cookies back to our B&B. And then we picked up more green chile cheese bread to take home to Florida. It traveled well :-)

Visited August 2012
3 Thank CJGinFL
Durham NC
“GOLDEN CROWN PANERIA Try their vegetation pizzas Awsome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Ok, so you drive by and see some umbrellas on a patio. You go around and park on the side. You walk in the old building. Nothing fancy inside. A sitting area inside along parking lot side with clean wrought iron chairs which kind of recline slightly.
Tons of great looking bakery items in the unassuming, simple display.
I asked for something to eat as lunch and the gentlemen points to a board overhead. I chose the vegetatian pizza.
Back to my chair, I get a drink and the paper towel roll stand they use as napkin dispenser.
The pizza serves within 10 min, with the free biscochitos (original) cookies.
All ingredients fresh, I mean FRESH, this was made from scratch. I don't like tomato sauce all that mutch but their clumpy tomato sauce was made for my pizza from tomatoes !
Terrific taste ! I loved this place and will go back when at Albuquerque.

Congratulations to those folks for a honest job well done !

• Visited November 2012