“Lots of personality”

Golden Crown Bakery
Ranked #3 of 1,791 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Description: Golden Crown Panaderia is a old fashion neighborhood bakery in the Albuquerque old town area. We have had the honor of not only being on the Food Network once in 2004 with the show Food Finds. We are now being featured on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives : Guy Fieri for our pizzas. We have supplied breads and pastries to many of Albuquerque's finest restaurants and hotels including the Hyatt Hotel, Petroleum Club, Smirolls International Cuisine, Albuquerque Convention Center, Amadoes Pizza, etc. Many of our wholesale and retail customers have been using our baked good for over 25 years.We are now strictly a retail bakery with an amazing coffee bar, We server the first ever New Mexican Style pizza, Our Garden fresh salads come from our indoor garden.The Food Network has featured our New Mexico Green Chile Bread. Empanadas, Pizzas, Our Turkey Bread Sculptures. And Biscochitos. We also carry beer and wine
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Great authentic little place. Always friendly staff, decent food, excellent source for authentic New Mexico cookies at great price.

1  Thank MartinaNewMexico
There are newer reviews for Golden Crown Bakery

Reviewed September 14, 2010

Our son took us here for lunch on Sunday and I have to say it was by far the best pizza I've ever had in New Mexico. We were so impressed with the Pizza we went back in and ordered various baked goods, all of which were equally impressive and none of which tasted like pizza. The owners may be the nicest people I've had the pleasure of doing buisiness with. This was our first time and, God willing, won't be our last.

1  Thank kgraham505
Reviewed September 30, 2009

I read all the reviews and said wow, I must try this. I would again with friendly service, but the pizza smell in a bakery, doesn't work. Even the biscochitos have a hint of pizza taste. Sorry guys. Pizza was okay.

2  Thank ablive
Reviewed September 20, 2009

I first discovered the Golden Crown when we filmed a movie called The War Boys there about two years ago. We were working so i didn't get a chance to have their pizza. I finally decided to go back and try their pizza and biscochitos. They were both so delicious! Everything there is very fresh and the owner is one of the nicest people you can meet. They have a large array of sweets an they are most known for their pan de los muertos that they make for Dia de los Muertos. (I hear you need to order the pan in advance). I have to say they have the best pizza in town!

1  Thank Hathor
Reviewed September 9, 2009

On a trip to Albuquerque this Labor Day weekend we decided to check out this bakery due to the great reviews. It was our last stop on our way to the airport to fly home.
The Golden Crown Bakery looks like it was lifted from a Mexican backstreet. It is small and quirky, but loaded with character. I challenge anyone with a sense of smell to enter the building and get a whiff of the baking breads and not make a purchase.
As other reviews noted,we were each given a biscochito to munch while we decided on our lunch order. This smail cookie was buttery and hinted of anise and cinnamon and was of a delicate texture, but not overly sweet. We decided on sharing a medium pizza for lunch, and were not disappointed. We had our choice of crusts - peasant dough, blue corn, or green chile. We chose green chile and it was a thin, zesty crust, crisp on the bottom and moist inside. Our combinaton pizza was loaded with toppings and very good. If I ever get back, I'll order plain cheese to let the crust be the main focus.
Owner Pratt Morales charmed us with stories of his artistic exploits with bread dough sculptures. He showed us photos of some of his creations and even produced a stack of photos from a movie which used the bakery for part of it's filming and will soon be released. I believe he said it was titled "War Boys" and I'll be watching for it.
I left with a load of biscochitos and Mexican wedding cookies to bring to Virginia.

4  Thank JBLKingGeorge_VA