“Strange neighborhood but great food.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Slate Street Cafe

Slate Street Cafe
Reserve with OpenTable
Slate Street Cafe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #108 of 1,778 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Downtown
Albuquerque, NM
“Strange neighborhood but great food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2013

Had brunch here and really enjoyed it. Only reason we did not go back is that it is too far from our house. Lots of healthy options on menu.

1 Thank Austriangypsy

“Overrated”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

I decided to go here for dinner last night because I had heard so many great things about it. Our food took nearly 40 minutes to come out (we were one of two couples in there). The food was fine, but nothing I would ever go back for. The service was poor; probably didn't help that we could see our waitress eating at a table behind us. I would not recommend Slate, nor would I ever go back; waste of money.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
“Top Notch in Burque”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013

This weekend I tried the Slate Street Cafe for the first time. It was a very welcomed surprise.

It is located in downtown Albuquerque but isn't necessarily close to anything else as far as bars and nightlife is concerned. The ambiance of the restaurant is quite nice with ample spacing between all of the tables and pleasant lighting with very nice acoustics.

I began my meal with queso fundido, which was not similar to anything I have ever tasted in Mexico. It consisted of American cheese, a bit of spices, and pinto beans. It was served with blue and red tortilla chips. Don't get me wrong, it was quite good but it was a disappointment when compared to what I had received as queso fundido in Mexico.

My main course was very, very good. It was chicken glazed with cherry sauce and came with what seemed to be basil quiche and green beans which had some onion straws on top. The smell of the chicken glazed cherry goodness was intoxicating indeed. The taste of the meal itself was spectacular and well worth the 5 star rating. For dessert I indulged in the Boston cream pie cupcake. The cream filling was very satisfying as was the chocolate gnache.

The service was quite good and I was not rushed in any aspect of the meal although my main course came out when I was about halfway through my appetizer. All in all this place is a class act and I will certainly be returning again.

1 Thank Loco_Norteno_30
Montana
“Do not waste your money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2013

We had eaten here once before because someone told us good things about it. However when a group of seven decided to eat an early dinner with wine, the waitress added 40.00 to the bill. Even though we left a huge tip. I paid cash and even wrote an email to the owner and complained.
He did nothing....So Karma rules I learned a valuable lesson. Save your money, it's not all that

• Visited April 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
“Slight disappointment”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2013

We went for an early lunch to beat the crowds and ended up having breakfast. Eggs Benedict and Ham & Cheese Omelette were just average. Service was a bit lacking as the toast to go with the omelette didn't arrive until 5 to 10 minutes after the omelette. Restaurant interior was nice enough.