“Excellent Brisket!”
Review of Marley's Central Texas Bbq - CLOSED

Marley's Central Texas Bbq
Reviewed April 25, 2016

The brisket was amazing, and I also enjoyed the links. Great homemade sides and real tasty smoked BBQ!

Date of visit: April 2016
MaraMannarino, Owner at Marley's Central Texas Bbq, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2016

Thank you very much!!

Reviewed April 15, 2016 via mobile

The staff was extremely pleasant and efficient. With that said, the food was mediocre. I had the sliced beef sandwich and the potatoes salad with bacon. I found the meat to be dry and I really didn't care for the potato salad. The restaurant itself is in a strip mall and is just a store front. To be fair they are in the process of moving to hopefully a nicer location.

Date of visit: April 2016
MaraMannarino, Owner at Marley's Central Texas Bbq, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2016

Thank you for your feedback. The brisket definitely shouldn't be dry...I will be finding out why it was. That certainly is not our standard. Thanks for giving us a try!

Reviewed April 15, 2016 via mobile

Food was OK, but nothing special. Had to ask for and add sauce to my pulled pork. Mac & cheese was probably elbow pasta and American cheese? They're moving to a hopefully better location in the next few months.

Date of visit: April 2016

Thanks for stopping in! Our pulled pork is supposed to be served with sauce on it. I will find out why it wasn't and that will be corrected. There will be some good new flavors coming with our location change.

Reviewed February 26, 2016

I went here with 2 friends of mine and we all had the beef brisket sandwich with fries special for $8.95. The beef brisket tasted fine but were cut up into small cubes (not shredded). The beef brisket was tender enough and tasted decent with the barbecue sauce. However, the french fries (which were aplenty) were greasy and limp and on the dark side. We asked the waitress about the fries and she said they are not usually like that. If that was the case then they should not have even left the kitchen. She said request the fries to be extra crispy next time. Not sure there will be a next time. Their quality control should be better. My humble opinion.

Date of visit: February 2016
MaraMannarino, Owner at Marley's Central Texas Bbq, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2016

Hi Fred, Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it very much and will use it to improve. Limp french fries certainly are not our standard and we do not tell our servers to say things such as "ask for them extra crispy next time." They are supposed to not offer excuses and, in such cases, have the food made correctly. Due to the feedback you gave us, we are going to be making some changes so that our food is served the way we expect it to be. The flattering article recently written about us in the ABQ Journal has brought us much larger crowds and we have been working hard to keep up. Obviously, my cooks have been getting so rushed that they haven't been looking at the quality of food as they usually do. We are going to make some immediate changes so that we can make sure our food is being served as expected. I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations during your visit. I do hope you'll come back sometime. We will make sure our much higher standards are upheld. Thanks again for your feedback, Fred!

Reviewed January 23, 2016

We visited this restaurant in January and had a wonderful lunch. I ordered the pulled pork sandwich and my friend ordered the Hot Link plate. Both were so delicious! The BBQ sauce is very tasty and the pork was tender with no fat. The owner checked with us to see if we were pleased with our lunch. We will be going there again soon.

Date of visit: January 2016

Thank you so much, Katherine! We are so glad to have pleased your taste buds!