“Best BBQ in New Mexico”
Review of Marley's Central Texas Bbq - CLOSED

Marley's Central Texas Bbq
Reviewed January 23, 2015

My wife and I visited recently and picked up take away for dinner. We had the sampler plate and were impressed with the tenderness and smoky flavor. In addition the portions were very large. There was only one container of BBQ sauce so be sure to ask for extra. The food was excellent!

The restaurant is very difficult to find. It is set in the back of a corner strip mall (northeast corner of Montgomery and San Pedro) with a tiny sign out front. We drove by twice before we found it. Their business would increase drastically if the sign was bigger.

Albuquerque no longer lacks a quality BBQ place.

Date of visit: January 2015
MaraMannarino, Owner at Marley's Central Texas Bbq, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2016

Thank you so much! We have started putting more BBQ sauce with the carryouts. Please come again!

Reviewed January 9, 2015

While visiting Albuquerque and wanting some BBQ, I found a page all about Albuquerque BBQ. Having been to almost all of the places listed there and not being impressed, this restaurant's name caught my eye. Being from Central Texas around where the Elgin sausage comes from, we had to try it. We were NOT disappointed. The brisket and pulled pork were so very moist and the Elgin sausage was wonderful. The beans and potato salad were very tasty, too. Loved our meal and can't wait to come back to try the ribs!

Date of visit: January 2015
Reviewed September 23, 2014

After having recently traveled to San Antonio, we were all set for some of the real stuff. And, the BBQ sauce Marley's uses is fantastic. As good as it gets. However, the brisket we had was not really up to par; it seemed much more fatty than what I thought it should be. I had the potato salad and it was excellent, but the coleslaw and beans were only average. Coupled with a very sparse interior (it was kind of like eating at the food court in a mall), the experience wasn't fantastic. If the meat had less fat, this would be a great place to go for take-out, but as a dine-in, it leaves a lot to be desired. The prices seemed a bit high. Even though we had the luncheon special, we spent $37 for three people (only two drinks, iced tea and pepsi)--that is a bit high for Albuquerque.

Date of visit: September 2014
Reviewed September 20, 2014

After reviews on other websites, my business associate and I decided to try Marley"s. Really good BBQ in ABQ is very hard to find (at least for our taste) so we weren't expecting much but willing to give it a shot. My friend had the chopped sandwich and I had combo plate with sliced brisket and jalapeño and cheddar sausage. We both had the potato salad and I had cole slaw also. When the sandwich appeared my friends eyes lit up and he was clearly excited about the appearance of the sandwich....next thing I know the sandwich was gone and he was talkig about bringing a friend there for lunch! I somehow managed to leave a small amount to take home for the wife to enjoy. First rate stuff here! Go! Enjoy!

Date of visit: September 2014