“Authentic and Delicious”
Review of Pars Cuisine

Pars Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Pars Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #164 of 1,778 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Jefferson
Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Authentic and Delicious”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Our adult son has traveled extensively throughout the Middle East on business. He knows and loves great Middle Eastern food, especially Persian . . . and he loves Pars! Every time he's back in town, this is the first place (next to my home cooking) that he wants to eat. My husband, daughter and I are locals and know that we can always count on a delicious meal here. We usually start off with their great hummus. My favorite meal is the Lamb Shank slow cooked in a tomato sauce with herbs, garlic and onions. It's served over basmati rice and it's delicious! The rest of my family are always trying something new here and they've never been disappointed. I may be stuck in a gourmet "rut" always ordering my favorite Lamb Shanks but, oh, what a wonderful rut it is!
We're heading there again in a couple of days with our out-of-state visitors. Pars will be a nice change of pace from all of our New Mexican food this week!

• Visited July 2013
Mohammad T, Owner at Pars Cuisine, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
we are please for your comments and support. let us know what we need to do to keep our gusts expection.

Denver, Colorado
“Better off finding a Greek restaurant....there was little authentic Persian here”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

Decided after reading other trip advisor reviews for my anniversary dinner. I was disappointed in the overall experience. I was hoping to have a true persian palette experience. Most of the menu was strongly Greek based...the usual souvlakis, baklavas, falafel and feta. My husbands lamb was tough and hard to cut with a butter knife which was the only cutting utensil supplied. I had the Persian cheleh kabab koobideh...petite sirloin pounded thin with tomato and basmati rice. Though the rice was flavorful, it was truly one grilled tomato and the sirloin had hardly seen the grill. There was so little flavor to the meat I added salt....such a waste of meat! The server Dela was sweet but a bit dizzy...in the nicest way. Dessert of Persian baklava was nice, the almond brittle was indeed lovely, Turkish delight was interesting and the Turkish coffee was delish. I would recommend dessert, coffee and hookah if you feel the need to get into a different atmosphere. The dinner food just was not worth it. Not to mention that we were over charged for the coffee and the appetizers so pay attention to your bill for sure. I will upload a picture of it if possible at the end of this review.

• Visited September 2013
Mohammad T, Owner at Pars Cuisine, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
i do not know what you have and what do you considered Greek. we are persian and mediterranian. we have a lot of greek customer. if you visit us just ask for me and i will be take care of you. see you
Salt Lake City, Utah
“Quality of the food significantly improved; worth a special dinner date”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I'm comfortable spending $10 for a total meal. So that gives you an idea of where I tend to eat. For me, Pars is a good place for a special meal 3 or 4 times a year. I have Persian food often (family), so I'm blessed with Persian cuisine.

I've been going to Pars since their restaurant nearer to the University. The food used to be classed as Persian/Greek fast food. No longer.

Pars has achieved the quality of food (not greasy, nice flavor, not pumped with sugar) that one expects in fine dining. The environment is comfortable and the staff during a recent visit was prompt, accurate, courteous, friendly, and contributed to a long enjoyable evening.

We arrived around 6:30 and we casually ate and visited with a friend; their birthday. In the past, of a couple of years, there was an urgency in getting us fed and moved. This may not have been the intent, but the urgency was felt. Again, no longer.

Our party of 3 casually at for 3 hours and visited thereafter; thoroughly enjoying our evening together. The Belly Dancer danced with a young girl of 4 or 5 years old, much to our delight. The little girl was quite expressive and we clapped along with the music. The Belly Dancer "Read the Room" very well and could see we were captured in conversation and made no attempt to interrupt our group. This was much appreciated. In the past a dancer would go from table to table and often intrude upon intimate conversations. Again, no longer.

Pars has developed into a premiere dining experience. Though I may not be comfortable with their prices, the environment is exceptional for the occasional special dinner to be shared with friends.

Vegetarian dishes can be had for $13 to $18, and are well made. The fesenjoon is neither oily nor bland, and has a pleasant texture. The quality is quite good. In previous years I likened the fesenjoon to worse than out of the can. Again, no longer.

Suggestion: Veggie Kabob and other Persian vegetarian entrée are easily and inexpensively made, I wonder if they could be added as menu options. Obviously, there are technical issues for which I may not be aware.

PARS Cuisine should now be on your list of special occasion restaurants. The quality of food, the unique environment, and the pleasant staff are sure to provide you and your guests with a long comfortable moment to be enjoyed and remembered.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Eric W
Mohammad T, Owner at Pars Cuisine, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
thank you. we add new specials for week nights. also we offer green offer card free of charge and you can get 10% off every time you dine at pars. ask for it please. thanks see you
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Excellent Persian Cuisine”
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I am a fan of Persian food and generally seek out a good Fesenjoon, Koobideh or Gormeh Sabzi whenever I am in a town where they may be found. As I go to Albuquerque often, I am a repeat customer at the Pars Cuisine, having tried their versions of all of the above dishes and more. The Pars is consistently excellent. The service is always prompt and polite. The decor and atmosphere are also good, despite the fact that it is in a strip-mall by the freeway. I would highly recommend the Pars. By the way, they also have an interesting selection of fine teas.

• Visited July 2013
Mohammad T, Owner at Pars Cuisine, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
thank you very much. your business and your feed back positives or negative make us drive. thank you.
Midland, Texas
“Belly Dancing Good Time”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

My fiance and I ate dinner here in ABQ after we stumbled upon it we were in heaven! The place is so beautiful and the staff is wonderful and educated on their menu. We started with Persian tea and sugar cubes, hummus and pita bread. Everything was so authentic! For dinner I had the chicken and rice and my fiance had a Gyro. Both of us loved it everything was flavorful and delicious. Next time we wanted to try the bone in chicken and some other things! Also, I wish they served the bottom of the rice the burnt part but apparently they dont sell enough but if they did i would buy at least 3-4 to go boxes of it I cant get enough! We are coming back to ABQ soon and this will be our first stop!

Visited July 2013
Mohammad T, Owner at Pars Cuisine, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
I am glad you had good time. thank you for your great feedback. see you soon.