“Awesome service, great steaks, needs some better drink selections and side dishes.”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #392 of 1,856 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Reviewed August 27, 2014

Great food, attentive service, would come back soon! Certainly better than most steakhouses in the area--for a decent price. Ribeye has great amount of marbling, signature sides are yummy and worth the additional charge. Try the fried green tomatoes!!!

Reviewed August 23, 2014

Went for Lunch. Food was good, steak was cooked correctly and the sides were good. But entree brought before salad and the parking lot smelled like a dead body had been dumped in the dumpster.

Service pretty much as expected other than the salad Snafu.

There are better (and worse) steakhouses in Albuquerque.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Dropped in one night, solo on business, sat at the bar. Wine selection by the glass not so good. Bar service was worse. Waited too long to get a piece of bread. Then had to wait as long again to get another piece of bread. Salad was small and nothing special.

I ordered a strip with a baked sweet potato. When served the waitress introduced it as a ribeye. Told her it was to be a strip, not ribeye. She turned around, went back into the kitchen, came out less than 15 seconds later with the same steak and proclaimed that it was strip. Looking at it more carefully and certainly after cutting into it, basically we had a chunk of sirloin, not ribeye and certainly not strip steak that I am accustomed to. The sweet potato was so over baked that it had absolutely no moisture in it whatsoever and no amount of butter could salvage it.

Wait staff behind the bar were too busy filling drink orders or complaining about work schedules or flirting with wait staff as they passed. So, that compounded the extremely average food, and slow service.

No return for me, sorry. But hopefully the team will get it together and have a decent establishment to continue on.

Reviewed August 22, 2014

Average at best. Service was great but food really lacked anything special. Won't go out of my way to eat there again.

Reviewed August 16, 2014

Just went to this steakhouse last night. Met a friend who had meetings in Rio Rancho and this was a good place to meet during rush hour traffic. We called ahead around 5:10 for 5:45 and were seated as we walked in the door. Service and Server were wonderful. The three of us started with shared appetizers (two) - Fried Green Tomatoes and Fried Asparagus. Both were wonderful and one of the aps came with a wonderful sauce that was great on both. So check out which comes with a dipping sauce and ask for it if it does not come with one or the other of the above mentioned aps. Both were wonderful and large. Too much for the three of us. We all ordered steak - I had the Flat Iron Steak and added a Lobster Tail. Steak is marinated and very tender. I did forget to tell them to make it Pittsburgh rare - my mistake and this steak would have been "excellent" if I had ordered correct. It still was very, very good and my Lobster Tail for the add-on price of under $10.00 was very nice size and excellent. My roommate said the same about her Filet. Our friend who was visiting had their new Manhattan Stuffed Mushroom Filet - she gave it an whole-hearted EXCELLENT and said it was one of the best steaks she had eaten at a chain restaurant. My roommate and I agreed - the whole experience for a chain restaurant was superior. While I am not a dessert eater, my roommate and friend are so they ordered the sample dessert. They were very happy with all three offering. I did enjoy my couple/three spoonsful of cheesecake. Coffee was excellent. Here is why I gave a very good versus an excellent: Two of us subbed the Grilled Water Melon salad as a sub for our salad. The salad has too much kale - it overpowered the salad. The baked potatoes were small (which is a good thing) but overbaked and a little dry. Also, bread did not come with our salads because I guess it was late arriving and not fully baked when we ordered our meal. This was not explained to us until we asked for bread. Not sure what that really meant since everyone around us, including tables that had been seated after us were enjoying what is an excellent loaf of wheat honey bread!!!!! Restaurant is very clean, including bathrooms. Best of all you cannot beat the price!!!!!

1  Thank Linda8067