“$50 Dinner mistake”

Elephant Bar Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Elephant Bar Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #126 of 1,789 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uptown
Description: Elephant Bar Restaurant is a scratch-kitchen specializing in globally-inspired dishes and traditional, American fare. Our food is all made from scratch using the best, locally-sourced ingredients available. All of our cocktails are made fresh when you order, handcrafted in-house by our mixoloogists. Brunch is offered on weekends 10am-2pm with brunch cocktails, patio dining, and delicious specialty brunch entrees. We've kept the same, great Elephant Bar Restaurant exclusives you've come to love...but made them better, using only made-from- scratch methods and high-quality ingredients. Better menu items, new craft cocktails, new wine list, and new brunch cocktails. We've completely evolved. We can't wait to see you soon!
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Where do I begin. Placed in the far back corner of the restaurant next to a large family with children. We had a teenager so we had to be seated in the "family" section. So dark at the enclosed booth that I had to use a flashlight to read the menu. Actually, a very limited menu, very similar to Chili's, just add pineapple. I swear that the smokehouse chicken sandwich is almost exactly like a big-mouth sort of thing like Chili's. The bun was much to small for the sandwich, and fell apart as soon as I picked it up the first time. I didn't want to get food detritus all over my cell phone/flashlight, so I only ate about half of it. The other two people in our party didn't finish their meals either. The server was polite and attentive, no issues there. We will not be returning to this restaurant and I am in mourning for the money I spent on this meal.

There are newer reviews for Elephant Bar Restaurant

Reviewed February 13, 2013

The food selections & taste of the food we ordered were excellent, however the negatives out weighed a good tasting lunch. We found the place to be over priced & service we certainly didn't think would come at an upscale place. Our waiter got our drink order & was seen for more than 30 min. - he said he had to go get change & a few other things. We ordered the sweet potato fries, which would have been good if they had come with our meal - he forgot them. Because it was a special day, we ordered the blueberry cobbler (wonderful choice!) and he waiter presented us with the bill before we even got desert AND stopped back to get the credit card before we took our first bite of desert. Maybe it was his first day, but over all it's off my list for being over priced & pretentious.

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Beautiful atmosphere, great service, pretty good food, nice drinks. I was very impressed with the interior, kind of Jungle look. Spectacular circular bar. I will come back when I am in town again.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

My son and I stopped by for a quick lunch, and were not disappointed. The atmosphere was great, the kids menu met his (and my) requirements for a good lunch, and the food came quickly, important for a starving kiddo! Their lunch specials carried through the weekend, which meant I got a steal on a delicious Chicken Marsala.

Reviewed February 9, 2013

Great atmosphere, great food, great service. Be patient because it's a popular place, well worth the wait