“It was okay”

Ranked #99 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Goose Creek, South Carolina
“It was okay”
Reviewed June 25, 2014

The hotels was nice. I just did not like all the extra fees that was added that was not on my confirmation. I was not happy and I did show the person at the desk what I had. Overall, The room was nice.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Little Rock, Arkansas
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Value place in Albuquerque was great. I was a little worried because i had never heard of them. But i'll tell you it was a nice hotel. Very clean! I liked the extra security ive been to Albuquerque a few times and i know it is not a very safe city but Value Place seems safe. The staff was very nice and helpful. The man at the front desk was very nice and gave us directions and told us about the wonderful art museum. We will defiantly come back. Only down falls are the location( bad part of town) and NO WIFI!!

Room Tip: 1st floor is very busy
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Mary S
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Value Place Central- is just like home to me. The staff is so friendly and they know the area, if I hve to go somewhere, they give the best directions. The housekeeping staff do a great job in cleaning, just as I would do at home. I feel comfortable leaving things out and not worry about thins coming up missing. The room is clean.

Room Tip: Best place on earth
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Roberta B
Reviewed January 22, 2014

The staff is so friendly and will go out of their way to help. We are new to Albuquerque and they make us feel like they've known us for a long time. Everyone who live here are friendly and offer you help in any way they can help. I have met some amazing people here and I am very comfortable here. I am looking for a home but I am taking my time bc I love it here. It's like having family away from family.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank martha1rst1
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed January 9, 2014

When i first walked in i was welcomed with a smile and the lady at the front desk was very nice to talk to. The room was not perfect but it had that warmth feeling and made me comfortable. All the employees are very friendly and easy to talk to. Best part since I have been here Value place is the cleanest.

Room Tip: Room to the north facing the mountains are lovely.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Adam S
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed November 14, 2013

How many times can I continue to write negative reviews on these extended stay hotel properties? When am I going to be given a reason not to complain? Where do I begin? Well, ley's start with the most obvious, the unsanitary room condition. First off, damage on the external front door lock, so that makes me feel unsecure. Next, we have the filthy room itself, I always do my own personal cleansing of any room before I unpack my belongings and settle in. So, whilst in the midst of that, I found several fixtures that were unclean. The kitchen countertop had crusted stains on the side, microwave was greasy stained, the entire bathroom/kitchen floor and woodworks were full of grime. The entire toilet has filth all around it, puke crusted stains on the basin. Freezer/refrigerator was dull. Desk chairs had crumbs on it. The carpet was worned. Next faulty issue were the damage I saw, first the door lock, the microwave was bent, the ac leaned, the bathroom sink stopper didn't function and the caulk around the sink evaporated cqusing water leakage. The next disturbance was the Excessive Noise all hours through the evening. Here's a tip, if you reserve a room, do not book a room close to the highway, you will be kept up all night long. But if that is not enough, you have the constant noise disturbances caused by the staff and/or guests taking place daily at all hours. Consistent banging, slamming, and stomping noises all night long til wee hours of the morning. I say don't waste your money here, it's a total waste!!! Mgmt doesn't operate at all hours. They overcharge everything, there is basic cable, extra ten bucks for the internet(weekly), no wifi, a hardwire cable that you also have to pay 10 bucks for. There's a charge for linen exchange, so provide your own, they don't continuously provide toiletries, so provide your own, and housekeeping(every two weeks), so don't expect a sanitary room. Don't even expect that at all!! Please, SAVE YOUR MONEY!!! Don't BOTHER!!
P.S. Sketchy characters watch you MOVE IN and FOLLOW!!!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank chantay12

Travelers are raving about these Albuquerque hotels

Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed July 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed a week here while getting settled in a new city. It is not really comparable to ordinary hotels, but is a sort of hybrid between a hotel and SRO. (In fact, it is a long-term home for a number of single people.) Few amenities are provided; you bring your own dishes and do your own cleaning, or you purchase these services separately. Don't expect little shampoo bottles or tissue dispensers. What you do get is a small room with a double bed, a bathroom and a kitchenette with a big fridge, 2-burner stove and microwave. Storage space is meager, but minimalists can do fine here for a while. It worked fine for us, and it fills a real need for people in transition. By the time all the extra charges are added up it isn't cheap, compared with an unfurnished apartment, but also there's no lease, no utility accounts and no move-in fees. And the staff is helpful, in a casual way.
There's no lobby or common area, which I think would be useful to tenants. Since the building is located right off the freeway some areas can be noisy for those who like to open the windows. Quietest rooms are on the west side of the building and at the end away from the freeway.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank barbhb7
Kirk H, Director of Sales at Value Place Albuquerque, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for your comments and we appreciate you and your husband staying with us. Welcome to Albuquerque!