“Great beers, good food”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 10, 2014

We loved the range of micro brews they have at Stumbling Steer. Great IPA's (my favorite) and Stouts (my partners favorite). We shared fish and chips and although a little pricey there was enough to fill us both. Some nights they have live music or a DJ which for us is a bonus.

1  Thank Chris4UK54

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We read a number of online reviews with some concern, but decided to try the Stumbling Steer anyway. I'm truly glad we we did! The beer selection and beers were great and the food and appetizers were incredible! If you are looking for run-of-the mill, fill-you-up, fast food, this is NOT the place for you. If you want to savor a real taste treat that is rare in the west, step up. Our server, Shawn, was attentive, knowledgeable and helpful. Overall, the service was outstanding. The Crispy Brussels Sprouts were a taste treat of the first order. The dips were excellent. The antipasto plate used a flavorful grade of olive oil and was one of the best I've had anywhere. One member of of our party had the Chula dog and was very happy with it. It was an impressive looking meal. I did not have a burger, but those who did, loved them. I was so happy with the appetizers, they ended up being my meal. The salad and entree lineup look really enticing and I intend to return to experience some of them in the near future. While the atmosphere is pub-like, the food here is several cuts above standard pub fare and is obviously fresh-prepared. The pub is an unusual mix of relaxed pub-like environment and food options you would expect in a much more formal restaurant. I personally found this mix to be very much to my liking. If this restaurant can maintain consistency , it will be one of the top options in the city.

2  Thank Denny R
Reviewed June 25, 2014

because we really need cool places on the Westside. the food is good; atmosphere, good; been, good. But the staff needs to step it up a bit. So far, they have been really show... except for our last visit. Our server was great, So hopefully this will continue

1  Thank Chase41
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

I heard great things about the Stumbling Steer and was happy to hear there was a new Gastropub and Brewery on the West side. My hubby and I stopped in on a Saturday early evening to check it out...

First off, try the Brussels Sprouts. TRY THE BRUSSELS SPROUTS. Who would have ever thought Brussels Sprouts would taste so good... oh my, I can't say anything else, you just have to try them for yourself!

They have an incredible selection of beers and a modest selection of home brews... If you can't decide on one of their in house beers, try a flight. Four 5 oz. beers of your choice for $6. You can't go wrong there. Besides, you might find your favorite!

Dinner was great! It is evident by not only the plating of your meal, but by the flavors, that great care and consideration is taken into their menu.

To top it off... live music on Saturday night.

You've GOT to check it out... it is well worth it and a great addition to the West side.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We sat on the patio so that our dog could be with us. We had beverages with family. The wait staff is very attentive, but not overly so. The munchies menu is outstanding! There was even a gluten free bun option we took advantage of, and everything everyone ordered to eat was delicious. A definite must-go next time we're in the area visiting family!

1  Thank Patty B