“Honestly...the nicest Homewood Suites I have stayed at so far” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque Airport

Homewood Suites by Hilton Albuquerque Airport
Ranked #36 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
lawrenceville,ga
“Honestly...the nicest Homewood Suites I have stayed at so far”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I am a Hilton Gold Level and stay in lots of hotels. This hotel was really nice. From check in to check out, everything was perfect. The location is very close to the airport but I did not find it to be noisy. The interior decor is a cut above most of the other Homewood Suites I have stayed with. Dale, at the front desk, is one of the nicest people I have ever met. He is super friendly and all about customer service. I am not sure what others experienced but I would ABSOLUTELY stay here again based on location, customer service and decor. My room temp. was set at 70 and perfectly comfortable. The dining area was clean and well lit and the meal options were good. Great stay overall!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank motherjanegoose

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Grants, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

Very nice and clean. Very pleasant and helpful staff. Hotel feels like home away from home.
I will definitely stay here anytime am in ABQ.

Outdoor pool which is closed during winter is the only drawback that I see. Otherwise the breakfast and the dinners (Mon- Thur) were refreshing.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2013

I picked this hotel due to the proximity to the airport and because of the rave reviews on Tripadvisor. Maybe my expectations were a little high, but my experience was not to the level of what many reviewed. I found one of the wastebaskets in the room full, which always makes me have doubts about other aspects of cleanliness in the room. I requested a non-smoking room, which I received, but was given a room on the first floor, next to one of the doors to access the parking lot. Unfortunately, when people would go outside to smoke, the smell carried into the room. When I arrived in the room, the thermostats were set to 58 degrees on A/C, which might be nice in the summer but not in January when it is snowing and is 24 degrees outside. The lock to my room was not functioning, and when I reported it to the front desk it was repaired within 30 minutes. Customer service was friendly, I received apologies for the problems I reported, and the room was very nice (and other than the garbage issue, seemed clean). This is a good hotel, and I might consider staying again but will request a room that is not on the first floor to avoid the cigarette smoke issue. In my opinion, however, a little attention to a few details would take this hotel to a 4 or 4.5 star property.

Room Tip: Request a room above the first floor to avoid cigarette smoke coming in to the room through the A/C...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank RoadWarrior89
spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Things not good, Grey face flannel-dirty,smelly pillow,noisy aircon, aviation fuel sucked in by the aircon, holes in sheet.

Things good, we were able to check in earlier, near to restaurants in the university area,near the I 25. Good size room, fair breakfast and we had our room rate adjusted to a more favorable rate.

I would not stay in this hotel unless overnighting for the air port.

There are better home wood suites in the city location wise.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank alexanderSpain
Pensacola, Florida, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

We have stayed in many "suite" hotels over the years, and have to say this one was really special. We were there for ten days. from Christmas Day through the 3rd of January, and I could find nothing to fault, (and I am pretty picky); our every need was anticipated.-- clean and commodious to a fault: excellent breakfast, delightful and extremely accommodating staff, especially SILVIA and her assistant who provided wonderful breakfasts and made sure everything was spic and span and that there was always hot coffee available. Sheena at the front desk answered our questions cheerfully. I wish i could call the other staff members by name as every one provided first rate service.
Sally Sue and J. D. Smith, Pensacola, Florida

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Ada, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

We stayed here the night before flying out of the airport. This was the best homewood suites room we have ever stayed at, and we have stayed at homewoods from the east to the west coast. I would definately stay at this location the next time I am in town.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

I usually don't like staying at airport hotels while I am on vacation but with rates around $80 to $90/night for a large room containing a kitchen, living room, and bedroom, I was willing to make an exception. Even better, the Albuquerque airport is about a 10-15 minute drive to downtown and most major tourist sites in Albuquerque, including Old Town, Sandia Peak and the Petroglyphs National Monument. Not sure what traffic is like in Albuquerque on the weekdays but we spent two weekends in Albuquerque and didn't have any issues getting around the city.

Hotel is very easy to find and is located on the same street as where you pick up your rental car. One right hand turn out of the parking lot brings you to the freeway entrance. The room was clean and the breakfast area was spacious and not crowded. Really liked how the breakfast included fresh sliced fruit, which is rare for a free breakfast. Request a room on a higher floor to avoid parking lot noise. Jet noise was not an issue. The airport has very few late arrivals or early departures.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple