“Awful buffet”

Sandia Resort & Casino
Ranked #36 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I've been disappointed by the buffet before but decided to give it another chance & this was by far the worst experience yet! The mac & cheese was tasteless, the ham was way too salty, mashed potatos were runny, salisbury steak tasted like bbq sauce & the pork chops didn't look appetizing what-so-ever.The ice cream & cookies weren't up to par. Even the iced tea was gross. I wouldn't have paid $3.50 for this dinner yet they charge $13.50/person. The casino, pool, golf course, view etc. are elegant in a sense but to serve the food they do, the entire buffet kitchen staff ought to be ashamed for serving such filth.

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank cleab1981
There are newer reviews for Sandia Resort & Casino

Reviewed July 15, 2014

After staying in a very substandard "Hotel Blue" the night before, we were completely satisfied by the clean public areas, nice ammenities, spotless room, amazing bathroom, and of course the pool. I enjoyed drinks outside while my wife enjoyed the poolside. We have stayed at sandia before, and will definately stay again. The underground parking was a plus as we just had the car washed and rain rolled in.

Room Tip: Pick a pool view, and get the golf course and mountains as an added bonus!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2014

We always stay here for our quarterly trips to New Mexico for our red chilie fix. The rooms are big and spaces. The bathroom even bigger. We revived great customer service from Brandon at the front desk....a view of the fire works from our roo, was excellent.

My only compliant...is the casino is smoky. My husband loves their two dollar hamburgers at the grill.

Thanks for a wonderful time

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 23, 2014 via mobile

My company and I have stayed at many hotels before, but for many reasons, Sandia Resort was by far are most pleasant stay yet. We stayed just a couple of days and enjoyed everything from the pool, casino entertainment, incredible rooms,and lovely cuisine. Albuquerque,NM is a very beautiful city especially when you can see it from the top of the resort. Sandia has a beautiful restaurant on the 9th floor and the dinner we had was absolutely amazing! The golf course was very well maintained and we had a blast playing some holes. I hope we have the chance to stay there again! Thumbs up Sandia

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 19, 2014

As soon as our plane landed in Albuquerque, the casino shuttle was there to pick us up as they had tracked our flight. Great start followed by a gorgeous room and absolutely glorious pool. You can swim towards the mountains and then hop into the hot tub at the other end. The casino was so much fun as they had all of the newer slots and lots of places to have a quick snack or free soda/water stations. At the end of the day the Council Restaurant and bar is just a wonderful place for dinner/drinks. You will be double impressed by the bartenders as they make all the drinks from "scratch" instead of cheap mixers. When was the last time your pina colada was made from real cream of coconut? We just can't wait to make another trip to Albuquerque so that we can start and end our New Mexico adventures here at the Sandia!

Room Tip: We had a mountain view
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We spent last week at this lovely resort. Everything about it was exceptional. Very well trained staff who understand the value of genuinely friendly & efficient service. Loved staying on the quiet northeastern side of town at the base of the mountains with gorgeous views. Easy access to everything in ABQ & surrounding areas. Enjoyed it so much that we will return to the area just to stay here!

Room Tip: Best views are the upper floors facing the mountains.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

We were staying in town for JT concert and when we arrived at 6 p told that the type of room I booked 3 months before was not available. When I complained the clerk literally asked me "do u want it or not!" No apology no calm explanation just a completely rude unprofessional response. Then she proceeded to give us the worst possible room. I don't mind paying 300 bucks for a room but I expect good customer service. I won't be giving sandia casino any more of my money.

• Stayed: June 2014
6  Thank broncosman
blujan, Front Office Manager at Sandia Resort & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2014

Dear Mr. Broncosman,

Thank you very much for the very candid response regarding your first stay at Sandia Resort & Casino! I truly apologize for the unprofessional behavior of our Front Desk staff. Yes we were sold out and do not guarantee room types, but we definitely could have handled the situation with much more tact and understanding.

I do appreciate you bringing this to our attention so we may address our shortcomings to avoid it from happening to anyone else. I would like to speak to you more about this, so could you please email me at ajohnston@sandiaresort.com when you have a free moment? Thanks.

I look forward to talking to you very soon!

Ashley Johnston