Sandia Resort & Casino
  • Pool
Courtyard Albuquerque(Albuquerque)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewscouncil roombien shurgreen reed spabeautiful resortnon smoking areaplayers cardplayers clubcasino floorgreat casinonew mexicotop floorcity viewpool area isrooms are largeballoon fiestasanta febingo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 2, 2014

Just came back from 4 nights/5 days at the Sandia Casino and Resort. We had a suite, which was very clean, modern, one full, one half bath. King Bed. Beautiful views of mountains and golf course. 4 different Restaraunts from low to very high in price. We ate in all four, not disappointed at all.
Only complaint I have was the tremendous crowds Friday and Saturday night in the Casino. The slot machines were backed up into 3/4 people waiting to play. The room was SO SO smoky !! They do have one very small smoke free slot machine room..But again so crowded you couldn't get hear the machines.
The pool was closed because of the cold weather. Hot tub was open, altho didn't see anyone in it.

Room Tip: I think any room has a beautiful view as the mountains are 360 degrees around the hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JoJo676
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We have visited Sandia three years in a row to celebrate our anniversary and always have a wonderful time. We always book a message at Green Reed spa. We used the resort shuttle to take us up to Sandia Peak where we enjoyed dinner at Sandiagos. So convenient.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We have stayed at the Sandia many times over the past several years. They have just finished renovating the rooms and they look fabulous. But of course, they were fabulous before. We stayed on the 8th floor and it was quiet and smoke smell free. They have an extra blanket and pillow in the closet, so look there if you need more bedding.

We were there the days before Christmas, leaving Christmas day, and the whole casino/hotel seemed quiet. It was rather nice. The valet parking was fast and easy, the staff were very friendly and appeared just as happy to be there as we were. We had lunch at the buffet one day and I couldn't believe how terrific it was! Casino buffets are not really our favorites. It was so good that we invited my in-laws for their Christmas buffet and it was even more spectacular. So if you aren't a casino buffet person, I recommend you give this one a try.

The casino seems to be constantly changing the machines, which is good...and bad. We miss some of our favorites, but found some new fun machines to play. We took some of their money home with us, so who could complain about that!?

We always think that next time we will stay at a different hotel/casino, but why change when everything is so perfect at the Sandia?

Room Tip: Higher floors are non smoking and smell better
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mindy F
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I arrived on a free night promotion and was greeted by the valet parking staff. They were very nice. I went in and the registration desk personnel took good care of me. I asked for a room far away from the smoking rooms and he put me in room 748- two floors above the smoking level. I was in a room with 2 double beds. I was so surprised at how large the room was and the bathroom was excellent. It had a glass shower and separate soaking tub! Amenities were good as well. I had a Keurig coffeemaker in the room with a selection of 4 coffee's and two teas. The beds are super firm though- too firm for a good nights sleep. I had a room with a view of Albuquerque and it was pretty at night. I had an issue with the TV and the IT staff were there quickly to resolve the issue. I can give you a hint about the lighting- which I had an issue with. The on/off for the lamp above the lounge chair is on the pole itself, about 1/2 way in the middle. The lights that go across the headboard have secret on/off buttons below the outlet on the middle nightstand. Very small to locate! The room stayed pretty cool even with the heat at 75 degrees. I really enjoyed this room very much.

Room Tip: Room 748 was comfortable and quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Rebecca D
Reviewed November 26, 2013

We live in Albuquerque, but once a month we take a night off and stay at the hotel/ casino.
Got to best the best rooms in the city, very large , clean and outstanding furnishings. Have to the biggest bathrooms of any hotel in the country. Not a bad thing i can say about this hotel.
Has it all, good food,good gaming,good outdoor pool, great bar.
And the food specials are the best around

Room Tip: High floor any side.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple