“Play and stay”

Ranked #38 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Arlington, Texas
“Play and stay”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Our stay at this beautiful resort was extraordinary. The bed was sooo comfy, the food was exquisite and the slot machines were great ! The view of the moutains was wonderful. Our room was very ample in size.

Room Tip: We chose a mountain view but next time will ask for a city view just to compare.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed September 4, 2013

A great spot to visit in Albuquerque. I was here on business and I found little else to do besides hit this Gorgeous Casino. Great layout, all brand new and even a large bar with live music on the weekend. The poker room was very well run, looked and played great. If I am ever in the area I will surely be back. They also include free shuttle service to most of the hotels in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Seabrook, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

The room was nice but pricey like most casinos. It is a bit north of the city but we had a good time and even won a little money. I recommend eating elsewhere and there are many great places to eat a short drive away.

• Stayed August 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice place friendly people good time good restaurants convieniet location The staff was very acommating and super friendly. I would consider it a great place to stay and to play, its layed out nice and extremly well run. It will definatly be on my agenda to stop at the next time I find myself in Albuequerqe.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Greensboro, North Carolina
Reviewed September 2, 2013

The hotel offers nice amenities, the Spa is by far the the high point of the hotel. The golf is an extra perk for the resort. You'll find the staff very accommodating and friendly. On a down side, the casino attracts some sketchy clients, tier three type gambling. The hotel seems to be overdue for expansion as the staff was not able to accommodate a king size room even though we booked six months in advance. Overall, you'll love the spa, golf and find the staff very friendly. I wouldn't recommend the casino for serous gaming...

Room Tip: Stay high and face the golfcourse. The lower floors have poor views!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We were going to be attending a concert at the Sandia amphitheater and needed a place to stay for just one night. We needed a place to stay that was close to the concert venue so that we wouldn't have far to go after the concert was over. However, I wasn't excited about staying at a casino hotel because they tend to be smoky, loud (people coming and going down the hallways at all hours), and cheesy. But it turns out that I was wrong. First, the staff who greeted us and took care of our check-in was very friendly and helpful with our requests (we had mountain bikes to store in security), which they took care of with no problem at all. The hotel ventilation must also have been pretty good because the place didn't reek--only a few faint traces of smoke despite everyone smoking like chimneys. The rooms were not super fancy, but they were nice, and the views out the windows were superb. We were short on time, so we didn't have a chance to really explore the property, but we did make it to the pool area, which was really nice too--good service and great views. In fact, the whole place was very well maintained and scenery abounded. Overall, the property was beautiful, with Sandia Peak right behind us and desert scape in the foreground. We didn't get a chance to tour the golf course, but it looked very nice as well, and I've heard it's one of the best in the country. If you're in Albuquerque, this is definitely a place to check out.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a mountain view (of Sandia Peak).
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Abeachtrip13
Bedford, Texas
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Though smaller, I believe this facility compares well with such casino icons as Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas and WinStar World in Oklahoma. In fact, just as a hotel (sans casino) I would consider it a great place to stay. It is a beautiful, well-designed, well-run facility that I would not hesitate to recommend to our friends traveling in New Mexico and where I would feel comfortable taking family members (including our grandchildren).

It is less than an hour's drive from the hotel to many places of interest such as Santa Fe, Madrid on the Turquoise Trail, Acoma and many other pueblo's, and even easy day trips to Taos or to Los Alamos via Jemez. Bien Shur has high-end food and service, and Bien Mur just across the street has a well-vetted selection of Native American jewelry, blankets, and paintings.

You can learn quite a bit about this facility (including hotel, casino, restaurants, and services) through their online website. What you can't find out there and what distinguishes this operation are it's people.

Maybe I'm more sensitive to staff attitudes than most, but having spent so much time in Washington D.C. and various hotels where the personnel can make you feel like they really wished they had a different job or that they were somewhere else, the first thing I noticed was that every single one of the staff seemed really happy to be there. We were almost always greeted with warm smiles, helpful attitudes, and fast service. They actually made you feel like not only were they glad to see you, but that they also wanted you to share in their pride of operation and place. That it wasn't just about the money!

Let me give a specific example. We used valet parking (which is free), but did not use any bellmen/women for the luggage. Yet every single time we went in or out we were treated to warm smiles and kind words. We frequently went to the bell-desk for answers about this or that (such as driving directions to somewhere or questions about the facilities) and we were never made to feel like we were an imposition or that a tip was expected. It was more like they were happy to be there and just wanted us to be happy too. One morning I read the staff guidelines posted in the housekeeping supplies area ... I won't bore you with the list, just that it confirmed my suspicion that they run a "tight ship".

I guess since this is a casino hotel, I should say something about the casino itself. The equipment was in good condition. Payout odds were posted on many of the slot machines. There was keno, a poker room, blackjack and other card game tables, non-electronic roulette wheels, and crap tables with real dice and dealers. The casino was also very well run and I felt completely safe.

Whether it is as an alternative to staying in Santa Fe for Indian Market, or just a stop-over in Albuquerque while you are investigating Route 66, I strongly recommend that you sample the hospitality and amenities of this fine casino hotel.

Room Tip: Higher rooms on the east side have a pretty good view of the Sandia mountains as well as the golf co...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple