“a breath of fresh air from Hard Rock Casino”

Sandia Resort & Casino
Ranked #32 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed December 5, 2011

What a huge difference. Stayed one night at Hard Rock (scheduled for 2 nights) and checked out early due to being tremendously disappointed. Sandia is a clean, spacious, customer-service oriented casino with excellent rooms and rates. While you can't navigate the Hard Rock casino due to being crammed in and smoke-filled, Sandia is a completely different experience. Also, the restaurant on the 9th floor was outstanding, as was the golf course which offers beautiful views of downtown and surrounding mountains. Very friendly front-desk staff.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed October 23, 2011

Rooms are nice and roomy. Pilows not good, did not sleep good and woke each day with neckache and headache. Was there for 6 nights and had problems with tv not coming on, shutting off and changing channels. At first I though it was operator error (me)! After a couple of nights I called about it. A tech came up and tried to fix it, but said he put in a work order so it that didn't fix it to call back. Sure enough it wouldn't shut off that night so I had to unplug it. Next mornng I told front desk when I left for the day. Got back that night, still unplugged and not fixed. When I called about it I was told for security reasons they couldn't come in the room while I was gone. WHAT? Maids go in, are you kidding me. So another about 45 mintues of my time wasted sitting in room waiting for tech to come and then while she was there. She said she would have to call somewhere to have them reset the tv remotely. I left the room for about 2 hours, stil not reset. Next morning I asked for manager at front desk, explained and said I wanted the tv fixed that day, to go in the room while I was gone! That night it worked better but still very slow in making changes and sometimes had to push buttons a few times, but it was my final night of 6 nights so I gave up. They do have a great $2 hamburger in the deli.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank whitewolf678
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We stayed here for the balloon festival. Perfect location, especially if you get a city view. Rooms are comfortable and bathrooms are especially nice.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Sandia Casino & Resort , beutiful place and outstanding view,
Love there Buffet !
we are in ABQ a lot and we come here very often like tonight,
my Mom & Dad love there Slots,
i like the location and the Mountain view to the east WOW !
nice place nice staff, a great place to have some fun,
Eddie

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank KOTCBodyGuard
Reviewed September 15, 2011

I recently stayed overnight at this resort for the second time. It is an amazing place with breathtaking views. The rooms are spacious and the staff is very friendly and helpful. The pool is very nice, with amazing sitting areas. My husband played golf and loved it. The problem that I have had both times with this hotel is that the rooms are extremely noisy. This time I stayed on the 7th floor and I heard music until close to 3 in the morning. Also, even though we stayed in a nonsmoking room, everything smelled like smoke. It is a shame because everything else was perfect.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank loreq
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We really enjoyed all aspects of the resort. The restaurants were great. Staff was competent and friendly. Golf course was really nice. All in all a good value.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Spent the Labor Day week end there and it was most enjoyable. My wife and I have stayed in many Casino Hotels and agree that this was one of the best. The rooms are spacious,clean, beds are comfortable and have all the amenities. The pool and hot tub were great. This was a genuine first class experience for my wife and me. Also the food was excellent. We will definitely return. Most likely for our anniversary.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family