“Love the Pool Area”

Sandia Resort & Casino
Ranked #38 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed August 25, 2011

I didn't stay at this resort...but visited the pool area. It is fantastic! The bar is small, but was nice, there were 3 fire pits, a steel drummer and the view was fantastic! The pool area is rather large with a lot of seating and there were people swimming at 8pm.

Great time!!

Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank MAKM09
There are newer reviews for Sandia Resort & Casino

Reviewed August 17, 2011

Most modern rooms and very comfortable enviriment.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 2, 2011

This is a beautiful golf course next to the Sandia Casino. The course conditions were great. The smoothest, truest greens around. It felt like I was playing "links style" golf in the dunes. The price was reasonable for an upscale daily fee resort course. I plan to play there again next time I am in ABQ.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank SunRiseEagle
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Our first visit here and we will return! Upon check in, my husband and I were immediately upgraded to a suite. The room was quite large, had a separate couch and tv area, with the bedroom being in a separate room. Everything was lovely and first class. Bed very comfortable, and good selection of pillows provided.

The casino was a lot of fun, and we enjoyed the wide variety of table games and slot machines. We enjoyed good beverage service, too. A tip to other visitors: if you obtain a players card, you will receive some good perks, such as discounted room, discounts on food, etc.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank cindalala
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I stay here almost monthly and love this hotel. The rooms are large and airy. The views are always outstanding. I love there bathrooms they feel spa like.
A couple of draw backs: It is a casino so there is hallway noise at odd hours, The mattresses could be a little better and it would be nice if they used fitted sheets.
However, I would definately reccommend this hotel to friends and family.
It's always a good time.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ABQgambler
Reviewed June 23, 2011

We have actually stayed here twice in the last 4 months. Stayed overnight coming back from Arizona because it was recommended by a friend. I even won in this casino. Much better than Arizona,, even Talking Stick. This magnificent hotel/casino is off of exit 234 on I25. The grounds are really nice. Had a drink at the Sandia golf club patio grill, and it was very relaxing with the views of the Sandia Mountains awesome. The food at Sandia is very good from the Thur Shan Buffet to the Kiva Koffee. Beware that the Buffet is closed on Monday, so we got a juice and muffin and went out to the pool and ate. Perfect weather. The rooms are really comfortable, and I highly recommend getting a king size bed. Slept really well. We valet parked our car for free.

Room Tip: Get players card for the $99rm coupon
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 22, 2011

Hey Ashley & staff - Glad to give you favorable comments! We have made 2 trips a yr. for the past 3 yrs. - balloon festival and spring trips - never a bad moment yet! Rooms are very nice, front desk staff is extremely courteous, valet service outstanding, Council Room has excellent food, casino is always clean - yes, sometimes a little smoky, but what can you do when people smoke? I think you have about the best ventilation system you can have to help out us non-smokers! All in all, we drive from TX for a week getaway from the big city - NM is so beautiful & the hotel is very relaxing. I recommend it to everyone! I quit going to the LA & OK casinos - I'd rather make my 2 trips a yr. to ABQ Sandia! Thanks for the pleasant experiences!

Room Tip: We get handicap room - very nice
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends