“Quality You Can Count On”

Hampton Inn & Suites Albuquerque - Coors Road
Ranked #8 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reno, Nevada
“Quality You Can Count On”
Reviewed December 1, 2010

This was the fourth time we have stayed at this hotel over the past several years. It was so good to note that the hotel is still in the same excellent condition that it always has been. The lobby is lovely, the rooms are elegant and beautifully decorated, beds are incredibly comfortable, and everything is immaculate and well maintained. Breakfast is served in a spacious, lovely common area off the lobby and features a nice variety of options including eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffles, hot and cold cereals, fresh fruit, bagels, muffins, toast etc., and an assortment of juices and hot beverages. Coffee and tea are available at ALL times, which is a nice touch. Pool, workout center and business center are all well maintained. Its proximity to Old Town is a plus and there are a number of restaurants and stores nearby, which is convenient. We have always enjoyed our stay at this hotel whenever we have visited Albuquerque and this time was no exception. It is nice to be able to count on a quality experience when booking a hotel and this Hampton Inn remains our preferred hotel whenever we visit this city. Bottom line: Superior quality room for a very reasonable price!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RenoWriter

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed July 31, 2010

This hotel maintained the Hampton Inn standard of excellence. Large, clean, quiet room with slightly firm mattress. Direct access from I-40 to the hotel (0.2 miles) with safe parking. Staff was courteous and professional. Walking distance to a few local and chain restaurants, slight drive to gas and coffee. Sidewalk running in neighborhood behind the hotel, no trails.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Dark side of the Moon
Reviewed July 22, 2010

We stayed here again, on our way to visit colleges in Texas and on our way back from Texas. Room was great. fresh, clean and breakfast had something for everyone. We never heard anyone and the pool was great after a long drive. I think my only complaint is that the staff in the morning on the way to Texas said I could not have a receipt for my stay because I prepaid, but on the way home I was given one with out asking. Easy to get to and Cracker Barrel just down the road for dinner. Will stay again when we drive out to drop off another daughter going to a Texas college

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Lubbock, TX
Reviewed June 1, 2010

This hotel is located near an industrial park and some tract houses off of the Interstate in a cluster of chain hotels and fast food.

For us because we had business nearby it worked great.

Small nitpicks. The price. $125 for this place when many Hampton Inns start at $85 struck me as pricey.
Here are the positives:
--Great mattress and bedding, standard operating procedure for a Hampton Inn
--Easy access to internet and wifi
--Clean, well appointed breakfast area
--Elegant lobby
Negatives:'
--It was 95 degrees when we stayed in Albuquerque that day, and were looking forward to a dip in the indoor pool, but the temperature in the pool/spa room was 90 degrees.
--At breakfast, they had no unflavored half and half, at 7 a.m on a Saturday on a long weekend (Memorial Day). How hard would it have been to get some? The breakfast server didn't seem too concerned about this dilemma.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
West Yellowstone, Montana
Reviewed May 3, 2010

On the positive side: This is an attractive hotel with nice, large rooms that were clean and well-appointed with comfortable beds, fridge and microwave, good-size desk and decent armchair, attractive bathroom and good wi-fi connection. The breakfast was plentiful and well-stocked. Staff was friendly when we checked in and asked us how our room was as he saw us heading out not too long after check-in. We also took advantage of a handy business center that has two computers, laser printer and fax machine.
Unfortunately, there are enough negatives that I doubt we'll stay here again.
The noise level in this hotel is as other reviewers describe. We travel with a white-noise sleep machine, but even that was not enough to block out the noise of other guests allowing their heavy doors to close loudly at odd hours. I awoke at 5:30 a.m. to use the bathroom and could clearly hear a conversation taking place either in the next room or in the hallway (not as obvious in the living/bed area with our white noise blocking it out, but I think it would have been quite evident to travelers without that wonderful device). Highway noise could be a problem for some. The trucking business next door could easily be a problem as well.
Friends we visited with while in town advised us to be careful as there have been some problems in this area (they weren't specific, but indicated that our safety could be compromised).
We had trouble using our key cards to enter the outside entrances at both ends of the hotel to get back in. Although the card clearly was accepted as evidenced by a green light, the door would not open for several tries- a little unsettling to be stuck outside when you've been told to be careful in this area of the city.
Unfortunately, all of this adds up and I don't think we'll stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank Adventuritis
Plano, Texas
Reviewed April 26, 2010

I've stayed at this Hampton Inn a number of times and enjoyed yet another pleasant stay in April 2010. I had stayed at the Embassy Suites in Albuquerque 2 weeks prior, and was left wondering why I did so, as I found this particular Hampton Inn to be a better experience in many ways. I stay at a number of Hampton Inns throughout the year, mostly in the south and southwest part of the U.S., and find this one to have one of the best breakfasts. Although there are no "made to order" omelettes, the fresh fruit is excellent and there are a number of delicious items from which to choose including a warm entree (eggs this time), cereals, pastries, etc. The room was pleasantly decorated and included a flat screen TV. The mattress was tres comfortable. The only complaints I had with the room were a small refrigerator that made a little bit of noise at times and a bit of difficulty working the cooling system. The staff at this Hampton were terrific!!! Tammy, in the dining room, is very friendly and helpful. Front desk staff were also very attentive and helpful. The fitness center included equipment that actually worked - unlike my experience 2 weeks prior at the Albuquerque Embassy Suites. The area surrounding the hotel, while not glamorous or upscale, is certainly convenient to central areas of Albuquerque. It is also close to a number of casual dining restaurants, fast food, grocery stores (including Wal Mart), etc. I had no problem getting access to the business center and finding an available PC. In summary, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Texas
Reviewed October 7, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and I must say that I'll never do so again. I never slept in a hotel where I could actually hear other guests walking within the rooms above me. Any steps taken reverberated below - very annoying. This delayed my ability to fall asleep with ease. I also noted each time the AC and refrigerator kicked on which delayed my sleep even more even when I managed blocked out the noise above me. Definitely not worth the money I shelled out.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo