“Everything was very good, except noisy air conditioning” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Albuquerque - Coors Road

Hampton Inn & Suites Albuquerque - Coors Road
Ranked #7 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Newbury Park, United States
“Everything was very good, except noisy air conditioning”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed in two different rooms. One on the way to Norman, OK, and one on the way back. Both rooms were nice, but the air conditioning unit in each one was too noisy. They cooled nicely, just too noisy. However, I would rate the staff as Excellent!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Wayne H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
HOUSTON, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

We called 2 hours before arriving and they had a suite available. The pool stayed open late and the children were able to enjoy it. The place was quiet and area seemed very nice. The breakfast in the morning was satisfactory, it saved us a stop for breakfast. I would recommend this hotel

1 Thank Jose R
Phoenix, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

We checked in late so the parking lot was full. Only one party was hungry so going out seemed out of the question. Fortunately, they carry a good selection of microwaveable frozen dinners and treats to satisfy that need. The thermostat seemed to have a wide hysteresis so when it was running, the room got cold, but when it shut down we all felt hot. The next morning I turned the fan from "Auto" to "On" and that seemed to keep the air moving and have a more constant temperature. Unfortunately, there is only one fan speed, and it was loud. Good WiFi for the night. It didn't have any problems with multiple devices for one room! Since the hotel was full, the large breakfast area was completely occupied so we went outside to sit on the smoker's benches while we ate. (Thankfully, no smokers joined us!) The eggs were in high demand so I had to return a second time to snag some. By that time, a table had opened up so we were able to sit inside.

1 Thank Steve K
Scottsdale, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

I use this Hampton Inn every 6-8 weeks for my business meetings, renting out a meeting room and staying in the hotel as well. The staff is second to none, always making sure everything is set up and I'm comfortable. Robin Duke is the sales manager who I coordinate everything through and she is awesome! I look forward to my trips here just knowing that it's a great hotel that's comfortable and everything will go smoothly. Rooms always clean and the pool/hot tub/fitness area nice too!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank chadwick w
Bainbridge Island, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We love staying at the Hampton Inns across the USA. We like knowing when we go, we get the same excellent service, cleaniness, great breakfastes, spacious rooms, plugs for all our technology and newspapers.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Paul K
San Antonio, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

The smell of the newly renovated hotel left our room almost impossible to stay in. The wall air conditioner shut off all night, never coming to the required temperature. The entire hallway and floor was not air conditioned at all. The front office staff was discourteous or rude at best.

1 Thank kimberlyk20
Edinburg, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

With every review, I always state that I'm a Hilton Honors member and should note that I've been a member for a little over 12 years. I've stayed at various Hilton properties, aside from Hampton Inn, like Embassy Suites, Homewood Suites, Hilton Garden Inn and such. For the past 25 years I grew up with a family who loved to travel and explore the United States and naturally I've stayed in many name brand hotels (Holiday Inn, Days Inn, Comfort Inn, La Quinta, Motel 6 you name it)
But one stay at a Embassy Suites sold us on Hilton properties and we became Hilton Honor members and have remain loyal customers.
This hotel compared to most new Hampton Inn and Suite properties is average at best. I've stayed in some older Hampton Inn properties that were better maintained, better cleaned and better front desk attitudes.
In this trip it was me and my father checking in and we were heading back to home to Texas. Upon check in, the front desk lady clerk who was dressed down and talking to another lady seemed inattentive. She just signed us in and handed our keys. Usually I've experienced more socialness from the front desk. Usually we check in late but this time we were coming in from Flagstaff, Az and we made around the early evening hours. When we began to unload our truck, I noticed all the luggage carts were gone and we asked the front desk lady about it but all she did was shrug her shoulders. She didn't even ask housekeeping who were working various floors if they spotted any on the different floors of the hotel. Starting to think its time to purchase wheel'ed luggage bags.
We were booked on the second floor which has look out down into the lobby and eating breakfast area. As we spent out the elevator and turned down the hall to our room..........there was a luggage cart. I find it funny that as we asked for the luggage cart and the lady shrugged her shoulders that the lookout balcony where you check in was the luggage cart above our heads. real nice.
Me and father settled in and the décor of the hotel and room were nicely done. I wouldn't call the location of the property desirable or easy to get to. Our navigation system apps from our smartphones (we used Scout app and GoogleMaps app) and they had trouble finding it.
The best indicator of a hotels quality and control I've come to notice when it comes to cleaning is the restroom. Hampton in has a standard blue print when it comes to the design style of their restroom and I absolutely love it. So much so that when we remodeled my parents restroom due to water damage, I used the design colors of the tile and sink cabinet. The cleanliness of the restroom left a lot to be desired if not out right grossed out. This is what I don't get sometimes, these properties a rather new yet sometimes you do find and stay in the ones that have mold and mildew issues. You can see it in the pictures I provided with the review. One thing I had to warn my father about also was that the door wasn't aligned property that the door latch wouldn't lock the door lock much less keep it closed for privacy.

On the plus side there is one thing that this hotel does provide that I think all Hampton Inn's should follow. This one provided a room service from a third party vendor. We were surprised as we had just spent 7 hours traveling. The food was GOOD, not your typical in-house hotel restaurant which is a good thing. BIG convenience and I hope this is something that catches on.

• 3 of 5 stars
Brice H, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Albuquerque - Coors Road, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
I am so sorry you had this experience at our property. I would really appreciate it if you could please give us a call at 505-833-3700 or send me an email at Brice.Hamilton@Hilton.com to discuss further. We will make sure to do everything in our power to fix any and all issues you may have had and would appreciate any other feedback you might be able to provide us with. Thank you for your time and have a wonderful day.