“Let down by staff”

Ranked #9 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Broadstairs, United Kingdom
“Let down by staff”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Stayed in about 4 Hamptons travelling from Chicago to LA on Route 66, they were more than adequate, some were very good value indeed. Previous reviewers had alluded to a rather aggressive female receptionist, well I met her and she deserves the accolade...you really would have believed she was doing you a favour and you'd no right to be using the hotel. When I went to seek out the pool after a long hot days drive, there was an ambiguous notice about 'out of order' on the gate. I returned to my room and rang the dragon....I quote( before I had a chance to ask anything) "I'm talking to a guest!" and she slammed the phone down...I was shocked and annoyed to such an extent i wanted to leave, my wife persuaded me I needed a rest. Other than that the hotel was fine and good value.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Wichita, Ks
Reviewed August 1, 2011

Excellent location; exited off of I40 and was in the parking lot in seconds.
Super nice staff, very friendly and extremely accomodating.
Wonderful breakfast, lots and lots of choices.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The hotel staff was very good and accommodating throughout my stay. The rooms and bathroom were both clean Breakfast area was very nice and very clean. Breakfast staff was over the top nice. Hotel was an above average value

Restaurant choices near hotel are limited. Also, outside of pizza, not many restaurants deliver to this hotel's location.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
From CA
Reviewed June 20, 2011

We were in ABQ for a soccer tourney. Most of the team stayed here. My family typically stays at another hotel chain so we were apprehensive staying in a hotel chain we were not familiar with. We registered late, but the price on line was better than the group rate our team received.

Family arrived late on Friday night. Hotel is in a little cul-de-sac of other hotels and motels right off the freeway but easy enough to find. If we had arrived in the daytime I would have been plenty ambivalent because it is not in the best of areas. We entered the lobby and it was very clean and we had no problems checking in. Lobby is very attractive, dominated by a very high ceilinged lounge/breakfast area. Local paper available. Pool is located very near the lobby. Went to our room on second floor and were very pleased with the room in terms of cleanliness and space. Nice flat screen TV. We had a two queen room for four of us. Decor was different but fresh. Room was quiet from corridor and other noises...and we had several litle soccer players running around. Beds and bedding were very comfortable and towels were plentiful. Bathroom was clean and we didn't experience the water pressure issue though I did get slammed by a cold water blast part way through my shower.

Breakfast was good...standard fare (e.g. make your own waffles, breads/muffins, sausage, etc.) including cheese omelettes one AM and biscuits and gravy the next. Coffee seemed to run all day.

Couple of gas stations nearby and a Village Inn Restaurant.. May have been some fast food near there as well.

Drawbacks to the indoor pool: 1) Humid and hot, so if you are not swimming, you will be uncomfortable and 2) there is a door to the pool area straight to the elevator so the floor outside the elevators and inside can be pretty wet 3) the surface of the area around the pool can be VERY slippery; no texture on the tile. I and several others almost bit it walking around there.

Location is about 5 miles to Louisiana Street where Uptown ABQ shopping/dining is located. Opposite direction on I-40. For those who will be staying because of soccer in Bernalillo, it is not that close, about 24 miles. So if you have am 8am game, leave early.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Menominee, Michigan
Reviewed May 23, 2011

This hotel is very easy to find, right off I-40. As soon as I walked in the door, it smelled clean. I arrived at 2 pm and check in is at 3 pm, but they were able to accomodate me. My room was very well appointed, with flat screen tv, 2 very comfy beds, with lots of pillows and extra blankets in the closet. They serve breakfast in the morning with a very good selection, like waffles, potatoes, cereal, fruit, and lots more. I will definitely stay here again, when I am in Albuquerque next or surrounding areas.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Weekend in Albuquerque with a traveling girls soccer team.
Our family stayed on the second floor. The footstep noise from the people above which began at 5AM was loud loud loud! I am a light sleeper, I have to admit, but this is the worst noise level I have ever experienced at a hotel. I crawled into the shower at 7:30 to discover VERY low water pressure! Couldn't get the shampoo out of my hair!!

When the noisy footsteps started the second evening, I paid for another room (ours seemed crowded with four of us anyway. ) The third floor was much better as far as the noise level. You could hear traffic from the freeway, but I was content in that I didn't have to listen to booming footsteps. Once I got setttled, I found the thermostat didn't work and in the middle of my morning shower, I was blasted with ice cold water!!! The lady at the desk in the morning was apologetic and refunded my money for the second room I stayed in. We still did have to pay for the two nights in our original room on the 2nd floor.

Free Breakfast was okay. Staff worked hard to keep an overcrowded area clean and juices, waffles, etc. filled for self service. The staff did not seem to be particularly happy to be working there. No one said good morning, they just did their job and tried to go unnoticed. The hotel is convenient, but there are many others to pick from in the area. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Carolyn095
Miami
Reviewed February 3, 2011

Recently stayed here due to convenience and close location to where I was taking classes.
Would not stay here solo and without a car but, once inside the hotel it is very welcoming. This hotel is located near freeway and clustered amongst other value oriented hotels/motels; definitely need a car as nothing is walkable and would not venture out at night on foot.
Great value including basic breakfast, wifi, biz center, indoor pool, very small gym, afternoon cookies. The best part though is the staff. Very helpful and friendly, the front desk, attendants at breakfast and the mgr and office staff! My airport shuttle did not show up and the staff noticed me waiting and imediately offered me a ride as well as the Mgr put a call into the shuttle service.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business