“Don't waste your money”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25
Ranked #84 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed June 29, 2011

I would not stay here again and would not recommend this hotel. Both days we had only 2 small hand towels in the bathroom. No wash cloths, no towels. The first day, my husband asked the maid down the hall for towels. The second day, no maid in site so we called the front desk at 7:30 a.m. She assured me some would be up shortly. At 8 , I called back to the front desk and she said "ooooo, okay, I'll call them again." At 8:45, my husband called back down to the front desk and she told him that "they were having issues in the laundry room and no towels would be available until 10 a.m." At 9:30 a.m., they brought 3 slightly damp towels to us as we were walking out of the room. I asked to speak to a manager before leaving the hotel and the front desk told me there would not ba manager on duty until the next day. I called Holiday Inn Customer Service and she apologized and assured me that a manager would call me on my cell phone with a few hours. 3 days later and I'm still waiting on a phone call. Don't waste your money at this hotel. Or any Holiday Inn for that matter.... It's obvious they could care less about providing good customer service.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sweetmommy1969
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque North I-25

Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed in a double queen room with friend/colleague for four nights. Room was of ample size and beds were quite comfy. Bathroom was standard but nice. Didn't eat in hotel restaurant but we did order room service. The food was very good. The lobby has a bar with comfortable seating areas. While we were there the AC in the lobby and bar area wasn't working and made the small bar area uncomfortable to hang in but when it's repair this will be a nice space. The pool has a slide from the second floor that I wish I had used, because of this I believe this hotel attracts alot of families with kids. I don't care for kids running through the lobby and the halls, but it wasn't out of hand and I could see the draw for families. It is difficult to get into the hotel parking lot and enterance if you aren't observent. You must enter from Jefferson St and not the Frontage Rd. We walked from the hotel over the highway to restaurants and bars in two shopping centers on the west side of I-25 and it was easy and a nice walk.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Aaron F
Reviewed June 6, 2011

Nice hotel, but be careful about the movies. We turned a movie channel for about 1 min and turned it off but got billed $17.00. The clerk had the nerve to tell us it was "competitive pricing!!!:

It took over 6 months and many calls to to get the charged refunded.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank roncevaux-at-live
Reviewed May 20, 2011

On our drive from Phoenix to Northern Colorado, we decided to stay in Albuquerque to split up our trip. We first checked the Drury Inn & Suites first, since my wife had had good experiences with the Drury brand before, but when we got there they said they were full and didn't have any open rooms. So, we decided to check the Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites right across the I-25. This is where the biggest down-side we experienced happened, trying to get to the hotel from the direction we were going, we ended up needing to do a u-turn at the next light in order to get in to the awkward entrance to this hotel. Once we got to the front doors, our hopes improved. Right away it appeared as though this hotel had recently updated (which the front desk staff confirmed it had been updated within the last 4 years), it had a welcoming lobby for a medium-low level hotel/motel. The staff person at the front desk was very nice and welcoming and was kind to give us the lowest rate since we were checking in late that evening.

Our room was just what we needed. Two comfortable beds, and a crib was provided per request (which was just like we have used at other similar hotel/motels). Once I figured out that the control for the air/heat was on the wall, that made for a convenient way of controlling the temperature in the room in a much more accurate way. The room looked, just like the rest of the hotel, like it had recently been updated. The restroom was fairly nice, although the tub itself had some visible wear already, it was good enough for our needs. We also appreciated having the mini-fridge and even the microwave (although we didn't use this on this trip). It had a flat panel TV, which is expected in rooms these days, a desk with chair, a comfortable chair with ottoman, a closet, and all the other typical things you would expect in a hotel room.

It is not the fanciest hotel by any stretch, but worked just fine. We didn't explore the pool, but saw that they had an indoor one. We also didn't try the restaurant or bar. We were bummed that no breakfast was included, I almost expect a continental breakfast at minimum these days but no such luck here. Overall, we felt like the hotel met our needs and we would definitely stay here again if we come back through another time.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank n8patrick
Reviewed March 29, 2011

This place is nasty. Apparently, the thing to do if you're staying here is rent one room and then invite 40-50 of your closest friends and all pile into the postage-stamp sized pool. There is a water slide which is the main attraction, I guess. My 5 year old was so skeeved out he wouldn't go near the pool. Posted sign on the wall said that the maximum load for the pool was 19 people. When I counted, there were 32 people practically elbow to elbow. The hot tub had a maximum capacity of 5 people...there were only 16 in that one. Service was horrible...front desk staff was rude. Housekeeping staff and the waiter in the tiny restaurant were the ONLY reddeming thing about this dump.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 18, 2011

Outside key swipe didn't work, couldn't get in the back entry door. Maids began slamming doors up the hall at 8:00. What was really disturbing was the pool. I am not a clean freak, but I saw things and particles floating in the pool. Also, there were black hairs about every 2 feet in the pool. Disgusting, felt dirty just being in the water.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 5, 2011

I agree with the majority of recent reviews for this property. The rooms are in need of some repair & I-25 does produce noise. We left our fan on all night which seemed to drown out the sound of the traffic & we slept quite well. To be fair, the rooms are comfortable & were comparable to most hotel chains.
Ah ...but the staff! They are the main reason we will stay at this property in the future. They were helpful, courteous, friendly ...they deserve the highest praise. They seemed to take a genuine interest in their guests and pride in their jobs.
This property was less expensive than other hotels in their area, (which was the main reason I chose to book a room). Unless we are staying at a resort, we avoid high room rates. With the savings, we ate at the on-site restaurant and had a very well prepared hot breakfast each morning. We still came out ahead as far as value and did not have to deal with the hassle of a complimentary breakfast!
We made use of the small on-site bar twice. The bartender was just as attentive and friendly as the rest of the staff. Bar snacks were plentiful, the bar was very organized & clean, and the patrons were relaxed and friendly. The staff's manner must be contagious!
Our room was very clean. I left a tip upon departure ...something I rarely do unless housekeeping does an outstanding job.
Hope this review changes your mind about staying at this property. The staff helped to make our stay extremely pleasant!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple