“A great place to eat!”

Chama River Brewing Company
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2013

My husband an I are in New Mexico for the week. We spotted this place from the freeway.
Stopped for dinner tonight. The atmosphere was relaxed and comfortable.They have good variety of wine and beer selection..
Our selections were unique and very tasty. The wait staff was wonderful. Our waiter Corey was attentive and knowledgable of the menu. Just enough time between drinks,starters,entrees etc.
The food was very fresh and had great presentation. I felt the prices were in line with the quality of the food. Try the green chile and ale fondue served with bread,veg and fruit. Large chunks of chilis
With just the right amount of heat. The chili braised duck legs were also amazing. Slow cooked
Duck that melts in your mouth. Also a pleasant young man who came through the dining room every so often with a large platter of homeade breads and biscuits. I would highly recommend this restaurant to everyone.

There are newer reviews for Chama River Brewing Company

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had a great time with a friend at Chama River. The wine selection was nice, lots of beer to choose from, my fish and chips was good, the server was patient (I had a bit of a wait before my friend arrived), and the atmosphere was nice. Wednesday night features a live radio broadcast featuring Lobo (University of New Mexico) sports. It can get noisy. Would I go back - ABSOLUTELY!

Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

Usually there are decent $10-$15 options at breweries. I came here with a group for dinner with a side of beer. All good comments for the beer - tasty and average pricing. All of the food was very good. There are a number of appetizers and then a full page of full blown heavy dinner options. Not really what anyone on my group was looking for. I ended up getting a small chama salad and the soup of the day, both nice. We appreciated the free bread samples that are given out, an unusual treat. Service was very good. But the lack of lighter fare will keep me from coming back unless it's just for the beer.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We spotted this place from the freeway on our way to the airport and decided to stop for lunch. If you're not a local it's a bit confusing on how to get to the restaurant. Anyway, we tried their amber beer which was good and my wife had the steak salad that she said was excellent. I had the Southwestern pot pie which I thought lacked flavor. We finished with a bread pudding that was very tasty and big enought to share.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We went here with a part of 11, and were seated almost immediately. The food was great, and the drinks were good, however I have one complaint. The server and host did not tell anyone at the table that it was happy hour, and then seemed less than enthusiastic when we indicated that we wanted to change our drink orders to take advantage of the HH. The bar service was incredibly slow, and they were far from busy. That being said, the bread basket they bring around was amazing and we were all happy with our food and overall experience. We would go back....good value for money.