“Sheets didn't fit bed” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #88 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
az
“Sheets didn't fit bed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2010

This is a beautiful hotel, but the restaurant needs help as noted in another review. The interesting thing that happened to us is that the maid put the wrong size sheets on the bed. I believe they were Queen size and we had a King size bed, and the mattress pad was on the wrong way too. So, naturally nothing wouldn't stay on. I notified the front desk and a charming young fellow came up to check on the problem. He left to get new sheets and after a couple of more trips he found the right ones. I had stripped the bed by this time and since he wasn't too good at making beds, I remade it myself. I never expected to have to make the bed myself, since I've recently had back surgery and this was quite difficult. Oh well - the joys of traveling. When I mentioned this to the desk clerk the next morning - she just laughed - again not what I expected

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2010

Stayed here for one night prior to flying out to Orlando. It was perfect for that - lovely, clean, affordable and convenient.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
Saipan, Mariana Islands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2010

I think if I hadn't paid for my 13 nights on Hotwire, I would have switched hotels. The first morning we went to the restaurant for breakfast, waited at the front for someone to tell us whether or not to seat ourselves, and the only wait person was too busy to take a second to tell us. We seated ourselves, waited 10 minutes and were never given menus, drinks, nor was the buffet explained. My daughter had to go to the restroom so we went, came back and were ignored again. There appears to be only a couple of people working in the morning and one looks like he's been told only to clean off the tables. We left without a word being spoken to us after another 10 minutes. I went to the front desk to complain and was offered a free breakfast. Ummmm, no thanks. I think they should just go to a Continental buffet.

This is a non smoking hotel--which is wonderful, except for the "receptacle" right out in front that is exploding with stinky butts most of the time.

The rooms are clean, and fairly quiet. What the reviewer said below about the sheets coming untucked is still true. Fortunately the comfy pillows and comforter make up for that to me.

You might want to take your own towels to the pools since a lot of times they are out in both the workout room and in the pool area. If you're staying a while, I'd invest in some coffee, creamer & sugar. The coffee provided for the pots is bitter and you don't get enough creamer, sugar, etc.

I wish Hotwire had given me any one of the other many hotels in the area.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Council Bluffs
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2010

We checkin in early and while they gave us a room, it wasn't finished being cleaned. that was unexpected, but no big deal. We went to print of our boarding passes for our early morning flights (they let you do for free in the business center) and headed to return our car. Rahim, our first shuttle driver picked us up at the airport after dropping off our rental. He was very friendly and took us to central and yale so we could catch a bus to Old town. Rahim gave us many good tips, including going to Nob Hill for dinner, which we did.
The rooms were clean. The beds were OUTSTANDING! Just what I needed after several nights at other hotels with bad beds and full days of activities. Probably one of the best nights sleeps in a hotel I have ever had.
The menu for dining in the hotel seemed very high, so I didn't take advantage. I've never stayed at a Holiday Inn before, but for $55/night, it was a good value.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2009

This was the last hotel in our two week stay in the States travelling along Route 66, and was one of the best! We "walked in" with a voucher from the free books you can get from petrol stations / tourist info, and were bowled over by the quality and finess of the foyer. Really beautiful. Our room was stunning and we had a high floor looking towards the "downtown" area in the distance which was lit up at night. It was wonderful to stay in such a nice place - wish we could have had longer there. Even had a choice of soft or harder pillows on the bed. Great bathroom - shower was a dream.

Were given a complimentary breakfast the next morning which was good; only thing was they asked what we wanted to drink and we said coffee - which sadly was not good - and then charged us $5.18 for it. I wish I had complained about the quality of the coffee (which was stated as being Starbucks) but I thought it was complimentary and didn't like to make a fuss!!

Good business centre.

Staff really helpful and welcoming - drop off for hire care only a few minutes drive away and well signed on leaving the hotel. Thereafter a shuttle bus takes you to the terminal - which again is only a few minutes away. Although we were so close to the airport had no trouble with aircraft noise. Really was a super end to a brilliant holiday.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
akron, oh
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2009

I stayed here one night in August 2009. The hotel is pretty, beds are good, internet worked. That's all the positives.

Staff was nowhere to be found at the restaurant and front desk more than once. All of the parking is on the sides and back of the hotel, but the only entrance is at the front, where there is ZERO parking (most hotels let you use room keys to enter through side/back doors - not here). Rooms were noisy, pool was small.

There are a TON of hotels within a mile of this location. With so many choices, I can't see myself ever staying here again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Tampa, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2009

I enjoyed my stay while at the Hotel very clean and nice. About a week later I went to check my credit card statement and found a bunch of bogus credit card charges for Albuquerque NM. I know it was the hotel that gave out or lost my number. I only use that credit card for hotels when I travel. I'm very disappointed and will not return

• Stayed April 2009, traveled solo