and 1 more site!
Ranked #87 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Las Cruces, NM
“Horrible bedding”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2007

We stayed here two nights in April (4/12 and 4/28, two different rooms). On both occasions the mattress cover and bottom sheet came loose from the top of the bed in the middle of the night. I had to get up and remake the bed! See the attached photo. Either the bedding is so worn it won't hold, which it appears to be, and/or the housekeeping staff needs more training. In addition the ice and soft drink machines were very noisy. The staff was OK, but not anything special as to service. This place is anything but "select."

We will not stay here again. The only reason we stayed the second night is that we had booked and prepaid for the second night in order to leave our car in their parking lot (not secure) while we traveled.

• Liked — Location adjacent to airport
  • Disliked — room...see review
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gmhlcnm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Bainbridge Island Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2007

I very seldom stay in motels so it’s hard for me to compare. I asked Amanda (reservations and front desk) if the beds were truly comfortable. She said,”yes” They were. I asked for 3 rooms near each other and she had them for us. The room had a sofa, desk with good chair, small refrig. micro wave oven and the bed was great, if a little high. I was not crazy about the bathroom, it had a shower and over all very small. The whole place was very clean, the staff wonderful( Amanda a star), the restaurant was OK, and the price was fine. I’d stay again for a night or two and I’m a fairly fussy older woman.

3 Thank Samos1
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2007

This was my first stay at a Holiday Inn Select hotel and after an uneventful stay at the Fairfield Inn during my last trip to Albuquerque, I was hoping for an "upgrade". This hotel delivered and made my stay comfortable. The bed was soft and comfy and a little high for me, but I didn't mind. Free internet access was a plus since I was staying for business. I also had a great view of the city lights at night. If you have an early morning flight and renting a car, this hotel is very convenient because it's located just down the street from the airport rental facility. If I come back to visit for business or vacation, I would definitely stay here again.

• Liked — Convenient and comfortable
  • Disliked — Not close to attractions
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
12 Thank travelsafe2006
Atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2007

I arrived at this hotel at 1:00 a.m. after a very delayed fight from Atlanta.

During my stay I found the staff very helpful and friendly. My room was very clean and comfortable. The shuttle service to and from the airport is very good also.

You may have to spend a little more to stay here. But it really is a nice place to spend the night.

• Liked — Property is clean and very well managed
  • Disliked — I enjoyed this hotel
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled solo
10 Thank BjorkenD
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2007

We stayed here for 1 night while in town for some medical treatments.

The front desk clerk gave us our room cards and didn't even bother to tell us what room we were in -- we had to look at the folder that card was in. Not a big deal, but she had no "customer service effort" in her. She didn't tell us anything about the facilities of hotel.

The room was a decent size with free high speed internet but no connection cord provided. I brought the wrong cord from home, but luckily was able to get the wi-fi from neighboring hotel!

The bed was very comfortable and was triple sheeted.
The bathroom was a good size, towels were good.

Great location for the airport.

Biggest problem was that our room faced the airport and air base and incoming planes - especially jets from the base. It was noisy. They did quiet down some at night.

• Liked — clean room
  • Disliked — noise from planes;
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debits2000
Salisbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2006

We had a very early flight from Albuquerque, so wanted to stay near the airport. Our stay at the Holiday Inn Select, Sunport Place, was great. We highly recommend staying there. They provide shuttle service beginning at 4 a.m. and the airport is only 1/2 mile from the hotel. The hotel is very clean and it was quiet. Ask for a 'city side' room and enjoy the view at night when the city lights are on. They have a restaurant or the shuttle will take you to an area closeby where you can choose a place to dine.

• Liked — Location, shuttle service, and cleanliness of hotel
  • Disliked — There isn't anything that we did not like about this place.
  • Tips/Secrets — Great place to stay near the airport
  • Stayed September 2006, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Travel Explorer
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2006

Holiday Inn Select hotels are among the newest in the hotel's chain, geared toward business travelers. The hotel provides a complimentary shuttle to and from the airport, which is great. The rooms have upgraded linens and toiletries and is super clean. The spacious lobby also features a full service restaurant and an adjoining bar. It's a clean, comfortable and convienent hotel!

• Stayed May 2006