All reviews rental car facility outstanding staff front desk room suite restaurant staff an early morning flight fridge and microwave stayed one night coffee maker bed was very comfortable nice room new mexico road trip ihg lexi shuttle proximity
Selected filters
Reviewed May 15, 2019 via mobile

Unfortunately we did not read the reviews prior to booking late minute. The staff is very friendly but this hotel needs a major renovation including an exterminator clean out. Upon arrival we open the closet & this roach was hanging out in our closet. Immediately we wished we never checked in.

Trip type: Traveled with family
ShelliF17, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2019

I apologize you had an experience with a roach during your stay. This is definitely untypical. This year our weather has been so unusual as it has in most of the country that even with regular pest control, we continue to have a pest or 2 slip through without being seen. Again, I apologize. If you did notice during your stay that we are currently undergoing a renovation that will soon update our property to be sleek and modern. We do hope you take the time to visit us again to see our major improvements.

Reviewed May 8, 2019

Proximity to the Airport drove the Selection and as a convenient rendezvous point (close to Airport and Jnt with I.25) with a bar & breakfast.

Rooms fine, clean, bright and comfortable. Fridge and all things worked fine.

Bar was fine.

Noise from proximity to Airport was significant, but not to the point of disturbing our sleep.

Breakfast - 5 x Adults sought - 1 x glass of water. 1 x Tea, 3 x Coffees. 1 Fresh Fruit & 3 x Cooked Eggs meals - took 1 Hr and 10 minutes. We got our own Menus, Coffee Cups & Milk. "She was new and 'in training' " was the limp explanation. Fortunately, our 2nd Stay would not allow us to breakfast before heading to the Airport at 04.45, so a repeat was averted

Reception at end of 1st stay (Sat am) - 'Like to Book a Room for this coming Sunday night'. "Certainly, Sir". Took details and checked in the System, Name, IHG No, Credit Card etc and we are all good.

I want to be on the 4th Floor please ?.

We can't do that.

But you've just taken and confirmed my Reservation.

Ah, but we can't determine which Room until you arrive, in case someone else extends their stay and they are in that Room.

Well they cant, as its reserved.

We went round and round and round. I lost the will to live and gave-up.

We could make a 'Specific Reservation' but not for anything 'Specific' (like a Room), which I frankly, since were talking about a Hotel, I find daft.

Room tip: Don't ask for anything specific until you are there in-person as it will prove too much trouble
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ShelliF17, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2019

I appreciate your being so detailed in your description regarding your stay. There are items that I will definitely go over with my team right away as this is not the way we are to handle things at this property. I guarantee that we will work on correcting these issues immediately.

Reviewed May 6, 2019 via mobile

We had an early morning flight so we needed a hotel near the airport. I had a rental car so I turned it in the evening before our flight. The hotel shuttle came over and gave me a ride back to the hotel. We had a nice room and got a quick shuttle ride to the airport in the morning. Everyone was helpful and the stay was good.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
ShelliF17, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2019

Thank you for letting us know that we were able to help make your stay and transition from the airport so easy. We hope to see you again.

Reviewed April 24, 2019 via mobile

Nice staff at check in, but it quickly went downhill. Here on a business trip with a few co-workers and when we all grouped back up for dinner we realized we all had issues with our rooms. The trash was not emptied in my room, dirty fridge (looked like something exploded inside) and sticky floors. A co-worker has pee on her floor by the toilet, another co-worker went into a room with an unmade bed, she was given a new room. It just seems that housekeeping isn’t paying attention to detail. Is it because they are low-manned which means they have more rooms to clean so they rush, or is it because some just don’t care? I don’t know the root cause for it, but it’s not acceptable. Safe travels.

Trip type: Traveled on business
ShelliF17, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2019

I truly appreciate your bringing these issues to my attention. This is unacceptable and I will immediately take this into my own hands to guarantee this does not happen again in the future. Your concerns are very valid and I do hope you try us again in the future to see this is not a regular occurrence.

Reviewed April 19, 2019

I couldn't have been taken care of any better. GM Shelli & Sales Manager Mike were very professional & friendly. A bit of a mixup at check-in, but everything was addressed, both that afternoon on a billing question, & the next day when the staff moved all of my belongings (of which there was a lot) to my nicely laid out room. Yes, the rooms show a little age, but everything was clean & kept up very well. If my travels ever take me back to the Albuquerque area, I will most certainly stay here again!

Room tip: 1 bedroom suites are nicely laid out
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank jdccnh20
ShelliF17, General Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to mention both Mike and I in this survey. We appreciate knowing your were appreciative of our help during your stay. We are sorry you had to leave so quickly but look forward to another stay in the future. We hope to see you soon.