“Disappointed on their staff!”

Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport - Univ Area
Ranked #87 of 144 Hotels in Albuquerque
Reviewed October 25, 2012

I was going to give a 4 star rating but at the end we had a mayor disappointment on the outcome of this stay! The hotel is fairly OK great bar! But their staff (which were very nice at the beginning) made this become a 1 star (should be none!) I though there was still honest people on this town but seems not. We lost some items in the room which we claimed and they always blamed it on "the cleaning maid has not reported nothing we are sorry" my son is very sad because of the meaning of the item that disappeared and my daughter is also not happy with her lost item that's over $100 dollars. Well you guys, keep them as an appreciation as to NOT come back ever! Remember one thing, a happy customer recommends you with 3 people, an unhappy customer recommends you with 10+ people. Enjoy the items! Wish I could say, more but not worth it.....

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Sabina K, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport - Univ Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

Hello,

My name is William Kern and I am the front office manager for the hotel. I would really like to help you in finding these items as I have not had any theft issues in the past. If you could please contact me directly with more info on the lost items I can personally attempt to locate these them myself.

William Kern
505-944-2255
Cell 505-506-7993

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport - Univ Area

Reviewed October 24, 2012

This has been a very average stay. We were here for 5 nights for a conference at University and we arrives late on a Tuesday night. Check inn was fine but nothing great. We walked into our room that smelled like sewer... The safe did not work nor the TV...

After 24h the tv and room smell were fixed but not the safe.

Beds are actually ok but the pillow are really weird.

Let me say I would look for alternatives if I were coming back...

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Had to stay unexpectedly. Found room in this hotel for a great value. This is one of the nicest Holiday Inn's i've ever stayed at. I had stayed once before when the hotel was new -years ago. I recall being really impressed with the "new" factor back then. The rooms are all but broken in now, but still clean, nice and an overall great value. The heating/cooling unit in our room didn't want to work. It kept turning off/on. Our room had a King size bed, which was comfy, not supberb- but not horrible either. The room had a pull out couch- which we needed to use. The pull out was small- twin size. Comfy for 1 adult only. Bathroom shower could of used a little more attention to detail. I despise when you can visually see mold growing in the cracks. Hotels need to be vigilant about their showers/tubs. Water was always hot. Mini fridge and coffee maker a plus! Need to have outlets in front of mirror outside of the bathroom so that women can comb, curl blow dry hair when others are showering(that would be a plus.) The bathroom vent sounded like it was ready for take off! Was loud and noisy, with no option to turn it off without shutting the additional lighting off too. Overall, it is a nice, comfortable place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Had all the usual for a 3* hotel: good sized room, large TV, fridge, mwave, etc. Desk folks very helpful. We booked by bidding through priceline and paid about $125/night taxes included for 4 nights during the balloon fiesta week, and that was a good deal. The 'deal' did not include breakfast, generally not a major draw anyway. We had to call the desk to get the fridge turned on, a special button on the back, not merely plug it in. Numerous nearby places to eat, but that also have a nice restaurant in the hotel. We enjoyed burgers etc. at Fuddruckers several times.

Room Tip: Hotel is on a dead end road near the airport, so you'll need to pay close attention to your mapq...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 11, 2012

We only stayed one night but compared to all other properties in the area this on rocks for amenities and value! Updated hotel.Nice friendly place to stay, nice lounge on property with full bar and food. Great breakfast in the morning. Small pantry for in room snacks. Just a nice place to stay!

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Front desk staff was average - some were nice and others were grumpy. Room was missing general things they said we should have had - channel guide, internet and breakfast info. I was most unsettled by the hair I found on the floors and beds - I don't feel the hotel room was cleaned as well as I expect when I stay somewhere. The gym was also very subpar - no weights, 1 broken weight machine, and generally unimpressive. The pro was that they moved my room when I checked in and realized they were doing construction outside my first one.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Albuquerque Airport - Univ Area, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear JennaN33324,

Thank you for your feedback. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I'm sorry our hotel fell below your expectations. Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel. Your review will be used to consider needed improvements and I hope that you can give us a chance to show how great our hotel is.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed September 4, 2012

After having fun with friends roughing it over the Labor Day weekend outside of Taos, we decided to head into Albuquerque close to the airport for an early flight we had to catch the next morning. We showed up at this Holiday Inn pretty tired and with no reservations. The front desk people were very kind & we stayed in a suite. Sure, this hotel is noisy and its no Ritz Carlton, but the king bed we had was extremely comfortable with fabulous clean sheets; big fluffy towels, lots of hot water, and the loud room air conditioners were the perfect "white noise" we needed for a great night's sleep. Took only minutes to drop off our rental car & catch our early am flight.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple