“A Feast for your Eyes”
Review of Skip Maisel's

Skip Maisel's
Ranked #1 of 104 Shopping in Albuquerque
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

Walking into the store, your eyes going into overload. There is so much to see. The store is very attractive. The prices are awesome. They have pottery, t-shirts, kachinas, jewelry and more. The staff is very helpful. If you are in Albuquerque, Skip Maisel's is place you really need to visit.

2  Thank Susan W

Reviewed July 13, 2014

I liked the variety of items they had in the store. I bought a couple of dream catchers and a t-shirt for less than $30. I would have bought jewelry, based on the reviews here. Unfortunately none of the employees were as friendly as I'd read. Maybe it's because I'm young but I would have loved to take a piece home.

2  Thank Alejandra G
Reviewed June 17, 2014

As a tour company I can say this was one of the best places, if not the best, I took my group to on this 13 day Route 66 journey. Skip, his wife and staff were very welcoming to the group. I trusted him so much upon arrival that I left a piece of my own turquoise jewelry with him for repair to be sent home.

2  Thank TimisTours
Reviewed May 6, 2014 via mobile

The selection of pottery, jewelry and other native American was amazing. The staff took her time and explained
The meaning of different symbols and the stones. If this store does not carry it you don't need it. Pretty good prices.

3  Thank EEyoree
Reviewed March 22, 2014

During our 9 day stay in Albuquerque, we visited many, many places that had Native American Jewelry and artifacts for sale. So, I believe I can offer a comparison for you. I found Skip Maisel's to be the number ONE place to purchase those treasures you want to bring home with you. When you walk in the store, you are simply amazed at the vast inventory of items available for your perusal. In fact, it might just be too much except for the fact that the staff is extremely helpful and can help you narrow down your search until you find exactly the items you want to purchase.

I like choices and a wide variety; but initially I was overwhelmed. I love all of the Native American jewelry so much that I didn't know where to start. So, I found a helpful staff person and started asking questions regarding which items were made by which tribe members. I already own several Native American pieces, so the conversation with the staff member help me to decide to fill in the missing pieces in my current jewelry collection. I looked at many pieces, continued to ask question after question. By the time I had made my decision, I had also just had a nice lesson in Native American history and silversmithing or jewelry making.

Good to know: