“Love this store!”
Review of Skip Maisel's

Skip Maisel's
Ranked #1 of 105 Shopping in Albuquerque
Reviewed August 15, 2013

There is so much to look at and choose from. I was very pleased with everything we bought. I bought an estate ring and just love it! My grandchildren picked out several items they were thrilled with, especially since they were authentic Native American made. We had a great time here. I will be back!

2  Thank carmelprice54
in 11 reviews
"turquoise"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed August 14, 2013

This was a great shopping experience!! The prices were very reasonable and the staff was very friendly, knowledgeable and patient with an indecisive shopper. I would shop here again.

2  Thank Rainey94
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have been collecting turquoise and silver jewelry for 40+years. I've learned a thing or 2. You can find jewelry for less money, but if you don't know the medium really well, there's a good chance you'll be buying junk. The great thing about Skip's is that you're going to know exactly what you're buying. Skip and the folks he hires know what they're doing. They have at least 2 excellent silversmiths on staff (I've purchased pieces crafted by both of them). You can buy pre-made items, pawn items, or you can purchase stones and have them set with your design or the design of one of those great silversmiths. If you're finding cheaper stuff in old town it's almost for sure cheaper for a reason. Especially for the un-intiated, this is a great place to purchase a nice memento. All of the staff I've worked with are very knowledgeable. It's a regular stop for me when I'm in Albuquerque, I've been to Skip's many times.

2  Thank conejotravel
Reviewed June 19, 2013

My family and I were in town for the first time and read that Skip Maisel's was the place to buy authentic Native American souvenirs; well they were right!

After we watched a movie across the street at the KiMo Theatre, we did a little, okay a lot, of shopping here at Skip Maisel's. We really enjoyed just walking around the store looking at all the things they offered for sale. I couldn't afford some of the Native American head wear but they were really awesome to see up close.

They also, sold animal hides and original Native American art, jewelry and pottery that was a lot cheaper than some of the other retailers in town who were selling the same pottery. I managed to find a Navajo and an original Acoma Pueblo piece that I could actually afford. They also, sold lots of dream catchers and after we checked out and got ready to go the owner let my boys pick out dream catchers for free which was very nice of her.

Whenever we go back I will definitely make a trip back to this store and maybe buy a framed art piece which would look really nicely in my home!

3  Thank LLCherie
See more reviews
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was our first trip to Albuquerque and I wrote this store down on our "Have to Do" list, and we're SO glad we went! They have absolutely beautiful jewelry and pottery that are very reasonable. The staff was so helpful, telling us what tribe (Navajo, Zuni, etc.) the piece of pottery or jewelry was made by. Prices were half of what was marked on a lot of items and you can find things for any budget. We brought our grandsons with us and they enjoyed seeing the handmade indian costumes hanging on the walls and the indian drums. My husband bought several t-shirts that were styles he liked better than the usual ones you find in souvenir shops and were priced very reasonably. Just a great place to browse - whether you choose to buy anything or not. We bought a couple necklaces for people (who were thrilled with them) and my husband purchased a gorgeous Zuni made necklace and earring set for my birthday. Check them out online (skipmaisels.com) - they ship. And if you're in Albuquerque, do what one other reviewer said - look around in other stores, but wait and buy at Skip Maisel's!

2  Thank traveler49463