“Great shop”

22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great shop”
Reviewed November 26, 2011

We visited ABQ over the Thanksgiving holiday and were looking for a shop with a nice selection of goods and prices — this is the place. They have everything from kid friendly souvenirs to high end katsina dolls and jewelry. The prices are better than anywhere else. I saved at least $200 on the Zuni necklace set I purchased. Very nice, helpful and knowledgable staff.

Visited November 2011
2 Thank BlueSkyMom

Phoenix, Arizona
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The only turquoise source/tourist shop you'll need in New Mexico”
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Mine is an old Albuquerque family. Skip Maisel's is a required visit each trip back. Salespersons Betty and Quinton are wonderful at helping guide you through this treasure trove. Maisel's is an Albuquerque tradition and should not be missed. I live near Scottsdale and am now used to Scottsdale prices. I paid about a third of that pricing for a squash blossom set made by Bennie Ration; I got to meet and talk Bennie who consequently made a matching set of earrings for me in a larger size. A treat is to watch the silversmiths at work through an overlook provided on the sales floor. My family and I also had the pleasure of meeting another of their silversmith's, Cecil Atencio, on this past trip. Charming and fun man. Each trip brings another depth of color to this source for all things Native American Indian. If you want common souvenirs, they can give you tremendous bargains on not so common pieces. If you want the uncommon... let's just say that I have just acquired a couple of pieces (Lonn Parker bracelet and a Daniel Coriz necklace) that will make the Scottsdale set swoon, and left me literally giggling at the value. Oh... and service? Unbelievable. Any problems are taken care of quickly and with professional service via phone, email and mail. Purchases can be shipped out of state free of tax. Go on... if you want Native American Indian craftsmanship... this is your store!

3 Thank AzJeni
Kutztown, Pennsylvania
1,071 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1,893 helpful votes
“Old Route 66 building and store is like an Indian trading post”
Reviewed July 10, 2009

This large store in downtown on Central had lots of history--the murals outside were painted in the 30s by art students from the Santa Fe Indian School. It is filled with a wide variety of Native American arts and cratts, pottery, jewelry, etc. all at discount prices. Some of it almost seems like a museum. We liked the place so much that we got new gold and silver Navajo wedding rings.

6 Thank Pnemiller