“Not your mega place, BUT indeed”
Review of Bookworks

Ranked #14 of 103 Shopping in Albuquerque
Village of Los Ranchos
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Not your mega place, BUT indeed”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Your old fashioned, down home, floor to ceiling, wall-to-wall bookstore with, every time I've visited, a great staff.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank bob c

Albuquerque, New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“A real bookstore!”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I love Bookworks! When you walk in, you are immediately surrounded by shelves & shelves of books. It smells like books! There plenty to look at & I always go home with a couple interesting reads. Most of all, I love that Bookworks supports the local community with a number of events, including book clubs & signings. Overall, a very cool, small, local store. Can't beat local!

1 Thank Christy J
Albuquerque, New Mexico
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Best Independent Bookstore in the Southwest”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Don't miss this wonderful store, both for books, but also the best cards, gifts, etc. it is in a very hip shopping center with other great stores and an outdoorsy crowd at the Flying Star restaurant.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank nathalieystewart
Albuquerque, NM
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Local Bookstore Wins My Heart”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Bookworks is not owned and operated by a corporation. What usually comes along with that is that sometimes the book I'm seeking will not be on their shelves, but so what? They'll order it if I want them to. B&N didn't always have the book I wanted, neither does the local library so my expectations are not so outrageous when it comes to Bookworks. I've attended readings by local writers and poets and I found out that someone I knew from New York gave a reading there once...so Bookworks' reach does go beyond Albuquerque to support writers. I like the ambiance so much so that I often go there to just sit with a book in hand. Their patrons are also of the ilk that attracts me as well. Readers, seekers of all ages! I feel strongly about a business that keeps its ear to the ground and its pulse alive based on what their customers desire as well as to provide us with the opportunity to investigate books, writers, concepts and more when I least expect it. That takes a lot of work alone. I hope to see them around for a very long time! Raising a glass to you Bookworks! PS: I visit almost weekly & can often speak to the owner (or anyone) with questions.

Visited December 2011
2 Thank Travelerbycar
Los Angeles, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best bookstore in Albuquerque”
Reviewed October 17, 2011

Very nice store and there is also a cafe next to the store. And there are some events inside the store . I felt cultural inspire .

Visited October 2011
1 Thank cnga

Been to Bookworks? Share your experiences!