“Good time Ballooning”

$209.00*
and up
Albuquerque Hot Air Balloon Ride at Sunset
More attraction details
Owner description: "The Experience of a Lifetime Happening Right Now!" Rainbow Ryders Inc. Hot AIr Balloon Company is proudly celebrating 30 years of flight experience. Offering hot air balloon rides first thing in the morning at sunrise year round and sunset flights in the winter months. Enjoy your hour long flight over the beautiful Rio Grande Valley, upon landing you will be welcomed back to the ground with a celebratory toast and a light continental breakfast as you are presented your commemorative flight certificate. We have proudly flown over 170,000 passengers and are the official balloon ride operator of the Worlds Largest Balloon Event. Flying in PHOENIX and ALBUQUERQUE year round!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Saint Louis, Missouri
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Good time Ballooning”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was quite a trip. They do not advertise some of the items included on their trip. They have champagne, orange juice and pastries when done ballooning. Overall it was a great experience. Although it was a great time and my first balloon ride, I was expecting more. I don't think that it was because of the company I just look for something more exhilarating than floating through the air. I think that our pilot could have been a little more friendly and pointed a few more land marks out. Other than that, it was a great company to fly with and we had a good time.

Visited July 2013
RainbowRyders1, Owner at Rainbow Ryders, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to respond on trip advisor. We also appreciate feedback. We do the best we can to be as informative as possible to our guests on every flight. We would hope that you would join us again for a flight in the future.

Madison, Wisconsin
111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“A must do adventure in Albuquerque”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This was a bucket list item for me and it did not disappoint! Flying in a balloon over ABQ with mountains in the distance and the Rio Grande below was an amazing experience! The staff was professional and organized and I felt very safe in their hands. I am very pleased I chose Rainbow Ryders for this adventure and I would definitely recommend them to a friend!

Visited July 2013
We love checking the balloon box on the bucket list. Thank you for taking the time to respond on trip advisor.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We decided a hot air balloon ride was the perfect way to celebrate our 43rd anniversary. Boy, we were right! Having lived in Albuquerque for 33 years and watching the balloons in the sky made ballooning a must do on our bucket lists.

The staff and crew were absolutely fabulous. They were well organized and very friendly. Mike was our pilot and was very informative, professional and top notch. Everyone else on the ride was from out of state, so he pointed out places of interest. Traveling along the Rio Grande was the best part of the ride.

Recommend this for out of town visitors as well as locals who have yet to experience the most awesome ride of a life time.

Visited July 2013
Happy anniversary! We are glad you chose to spend your special day with us. We are also glad that we made your special day extra special. Thank you for your review,
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great adventure!”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

So I’m a little behind in reviewing this place, but I was busy with a lot of things. IN any case, my two children, my niece, and I went on a hot air balloon ride in March (Spring Break Trip). We were in town visiting Albuquerque for a few days and this was probably the highlight of the trip. When I originally booked the trip I had no idea what to expect. I was kind of nervous, but I had to pretend I wasn’t because the kids would have gotten nervous, too.  Anyways, we were a few minutes late because we somehow got lost going there. They called us, though, and made sure we were on our way and to let us know they’d wait, which was very nice. When we got there, we had to do the usual signing of papers and disclosures and then we were off…..we loaded up on a bus with about 12 people (maybe more, I’m not 100% sure). The trip itself was beautiful. I was expecting to feel turbulence, be scared, or see someone else having an anxiety attack, but it was as smooth as can be. Any time someone asks me about doing it, I tell them how amazed I am at how you could not feel the wind or anything. Our guide was awesome and told lots of stories and jokes along the way. My favorite was going near the Rio Grande and seeing the sun come out. It was truly spectacular. The kids absolutely loved it as well. The only thing they complained about was how cold it was. But they still brag to everyone that they did it and how cool it was. Afterwards, I like how they give you a little certificate and pin to commemorate your experience with. Plus, the danishes and mimosas (orange juice for the kiddies) weren’t half bad either. I would definitely do it again if we went back to ALB and would recommend it to anyone! 

Visited March 2013
We are so excited to have flown your family. We love our little fliers here at Rainbow Ryders! please join us again soon for another adventure.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic - Professionaly Run and Super Fun”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Rainbow Ryders is an amazingly professional operation that knows how to show folks a great time in a hot air balloon. I was very impressed with their efficiency in scheduling, their punctuality, and the complete mastery of the hot air balloon experience. Will definitely do again and refer others as well well. Really great time was had by all. Excellent champagne bash after the flight as well.

Visited July 2013
RainbowRyders1, Owner at Rainbow Ryders, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us. We love to hear all about it. Please join us again for another adventure!

Been to Rainbow Ryders? Share your experiences!