“Ehhh”

98 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Ehhh”
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

What a big disappointment!!!! Very small, not much to see! Save your time and enjoy the incredible zoo and botanical gardens.

Visited June 2014

rio rancho, nm
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“A great gem in the middle of the desert!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

In the middle of the desert you don't expect to find a very cool little aquarium with a kick butt cafe attached. While the actual aquarium is well done but on the modest side, Shark Reef Cafe is great! You can go to the restaurant without paying the entrance fee to the aquarium and still sit by the main tank with spectacular ambiance! Eels, puffer fish, a variety of sharks, sea turtles, rays and any number of schooling fish swim right by as you enjoy your meal. The food itself is very good with a great tip of the hat to their freshly hand cut potato chips...heavenly! The outer walls of the dining room have smaller specialty fish tanks which are also great to watch.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank ny2nm
Tierna R, Public Relations Manager at ABQ BioPark Aquarium, responded to this review, November 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write and leave the ABQ BioPark Aquarium a review.We are so glad that you enjoyed your time at our facility and we hope to see you sometime soon.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“What happened here? My guests were underwhelmed.”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I have been a long time member of the BioPark and this is the most unfortunate and disheveled condition I've witnessed in our Aquarium. What is going on?

A usual pleasure to attend, this time I really had to question what was going on. Gang graffiti etched in the Rio Grande tank glass in the entry - the hall of taxidermy fish was noticeably missing elements of the exhibit and the rest were so dusty you could have written your name on them. Other tanks were missing fish altogether sitting empty or were significantly lower in population than usual. The largest tank, the showpiece of the entire aquarium had more floor showing than not within the tank that is usually covered in gravel (and yes, I know the rays stir things up but this was more than that). It looked completely disheveled.

The volunteers in the pet the shark/ray exhibit seemed overwhelmed and frazzled where usually they are engaging and full of interesting facts.

I'm not sure what was going on at the aquarium but I had taken out of town guests to the Biopark and this was a disappointment big time for me and for them. Usually this aquarium is beautifully presented but this time it was not.

Worth a visit but my guests were obviously underwhelmed and I was a bit embarrassed that I had built up this attraction in anticipation of our visit. I am hopeful that the City plans to remedy the shortcomings in this attraction soon.

I visited on the morning of Friday, May 23, 2014.

Visited May 2014
4 Thank sunflowermary
Los Angeles
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Good with kids.”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Its a decent aquarium. This is was our 1 yr old's first aquarium visit, she had loads of fun. But if you are looking for a huge variety of sea life, this is not the place but they have a good collection. They also have a nice cafe which has one of the viewing glasses inside to enjoy the aquarium experience while you eat.

Visited October 2013
Tierna R, Public Relations Manager at ABQ BioPark Aquarium, responded to this review, February 20, 2015
Thank you so much for checking in and leaving us a review of our facility!!! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. Hopefully in the near future we can have you back again!
Have a great spring/summer!
Burleson, TX
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“Great Size for Little Kids”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

My husband and I needed to kill some time before a tour so we decided to check out the aquarium. The ticket price per adult seemed okay when we entered but we had no idea the size of the aquarium. After going through the aquarium, we thought the price was a little steep for out of town guests. With that said, the aquarium was really nice. They had several exhibits that were fun to read about. The grand pearl to the whole place was the shark tank. There was a very helpful gentleman talking to some kids while we were there. We eaves dropped on his conversation with the kids and learned that the sharks were going to be fed soon. We hung around and watched the sharks feed. It was an interesting process. Once we left we discussed that for young kids, this is the perfect size of an aquarium. The aquarium was in the same complex with the ABQ botanical garden but we did not walk through the garden. Parking was free. If you get there early on the weekend, you can park close to the gate.

Visited May 2014
Have a great spring/summer!