“Go Go Go, it's fun!”

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Go Go Go, it's fun!”
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Definitely spend some time here. Though I am not a kid, I enjoyed the aquarium, park, botanical gardens and zoo. The train ride was nice as well. The zoo is really big and lots to see. The aqaurium have a lot of exhibitions/aqua-life.

Visited October 2011
Tierna R, Public Relations Manager at ABQ BioPark Aquarium, responded to this review, November 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write and leave the ABQ BioPark Aquarium a review.We are so glad that you enjoyed your time at our facility and we hope to see you sometime soon.

Alamogordo, New Mexico
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Who WOULD THINK OF A WATER AQUARIUM IN THE HIGH DESERT?”
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Whoever did created a wonderful display. Maybe not the largest aquarium you will ever visit, but the number and quality of the displays are fantastic for the size. Only (maybe) negative is you probably don't want to visit during the school year on a weekday unless you enjoy lots of kids (and noise) as this is a much visited (and much loved) field trip for the local schools.

Visited October 2011
Everywere
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 81 helpful votes
“Albuquerque Aquarium, Fish in the Desert, its a great place !”
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Albuquerque Aquarium, Fish in the Desert, its a great place ! its not the biggest or the best by far, but it is a a great place to go to get a break from the desert,it also ha a nice botanical garden,and you can also get a multi-pass for the zoo
Eddie

Visited September 2011
2 Thank KOTCBodyGuard
Yuma, Arizona
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A very nice aquarium for the middle of the desert”
Reviewed September 10, 2011

There is not a whole lot to this Aquarium but it is a nice one. The shark tank is quite nice and a pleasure to sit and watch the fish in it. There is also a display of model ships and a jelly fish tank and pond of sting rays (I think that is what they were). The restaurant is noting fancy for food (salads, fried shrimp, chicken, hamburgers and other sandwiches) but you get more than enough for the price. The waiter I had was great and the fried shrimp and fries I had were delicious. It was neat being able to sit right by the shark tank while eating. The restaurant is neat and a really great place to eat a lunch although I wish they had had more fish on the menu and perhaps a small side salad as well. The prices and quantity were good and reasonable-more so than they would be in the general public, but one expects to pay more in a tourist attraction and the prices were much more reasonable than most other places like this that I have been.

The gift shop items were reasonably priced and had quite a variety. I got a model of a ship in a bottle, a book on ships, and a book of poems about the sea. Every one was friendly and helpful. I don't rate it as excellent only because there is not a whole lot to it but what there is is great.

There is a fee but it can be bought separately or combined with the zoo and botanical garden in a combo ticket. There is also a train that connects to all three but I did not take that. The Botanical Garden is right next to the aquarium. My recommended length of stay is between an hour to more if one combines the aquarium with the botanical garden and zoo. In that case figure on 4 or more hours.

Visited September 2011
1 Thank seeingamericafirst
Tierna R, Public Relations Manager at ABQ BioPark Aquarium, responded to this review, March 30, 2015
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us feedback and a review. We are glad you enjoyed your visit with us at the ABQ BioPark. We hope to see you again soon.
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“OK For Young Children...Skip It If You Don't Have Kids”
Reviewed July 29, 2011

My mother-in-law was visiting from out of town and my husband and I decided to take her to the Albuquerque Aquarium and the Botanic Garden. I had heard that the aquarium was small, so my expectations were low, but not quite low enough. You enter the aquarium and are greeted by a few very sparse tanks with species native to NM. I am no expert, but I felt like the tanks were too small for the size and/or number of fish in them. You can either take the stairs (or elevator) to the right or walk up an incline to your left. If you go to your right, you will see a few more small tanks that were not memorable and the outdoor shrimp boat for kids (no one was out there the day we where there, perhaps because of the heat) and then it takes you to the incline where there is a sting ray tank, which is OK. This takes you back to the highlight of the aquarium, which is two large tanks with an assortment of sharks and other interesting fish and a medium "Eel Cave", with a number of smaller exhibits in between. We did not see any employees standing in front of the exhibits or answering questions during our visit.

I will say the price is very reasonable, $7 for adults and $3 for children and seniors and it includes admission to the "Botanic Garden", so this would be a good place for grandparents to take their young grandchildren, but if you are group of adults that have ever been to any other aquarium, I would skip this one.

If you decide to go to the Botanic Garden and stop by the aquarium because you already paid for it, I would recommend looking briefly at the native species then go to your left up the ramp to the sting rays, and then take your time after you get to the Eel Cave and the larger exhibits. I think I spent too much time looking at the first few unimpressive exhibits that it negatively colored my view of the whole place.

Visited July 2011