“Great respite, great wine!!!”

Casa Rondena Winery
Ranked #30 of 223 things to do in Albuquerque
Boston, Massachusetts
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Great respite, great wine!!!”
Reviewed October 25, 2012

We stopped here and did the wine tasting- all the wines were delicious! After, we took a glass to the courtyard and sat and enjoyed the sun. A must do!

1 Thank Tigerlily714

Virginia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Nice surprise for a relaxing Sunday afternoon”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Given that we had just visited the "other" winery in Albuquerque that is situated right off I-25, this place was a welcome find. If you've never been to the Ranchos de Albuquerque, this is one of the older city areas along the east side of the Rio Grande. You'll find lots of old trees and green grass -- which is quite different from the many beautiful shades of desert brown that we enjoy in the rest of the city. I've lived in and visited New Mexico for over 20 years, and did not know about this winery until my partner and I started looking for new and different stuff to do during Balloon Fiesta weekend. We did the wine tasting and really liked just about every wine we tried. We may not have the most discerning wine palates, but for New Mexico, this place was a welcome find. We spent Sunday afternoon enjoying the beautiful grounds and sipping some nice vintage. Worth the visit.

1 Thank WayneBennett
Lake Elsinore, California
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“What a great find!”
Reviewed October 17, 2012

While in town for the Balloon Fiesta, we were looking for something to do one afternoon. Our GPS told us about wine tasting at Casa Rondena, which was actually very close to where we were. So, we drove over. Now, I must admit I was not expecting much, maybe a warehouse and a counter and a few wines. We followed the sign and immediately we were driving right among the vines. Amazing buildings, quiet beautiful pond and great wine. We had a great time sampling the wine, and walking the serene grounds. A definite must on any Alburquerque trip

1 Thank BernDude
Santa Fe
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wine, service and scenery”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I live and Santa Fe and sometimes travel to Albuquerque for business. I often try to stop by Casa Rondena to grab a glass of their reserve 1629 or their Meritage on my way in or out of town. The grounds are lovely, no matter the time of year, and the staff is always friendly and helpful. This past week I was there during one of Abq's busiest times of year (balloon fiesta). I brought some out of town friends and, despite the fact that the winery was busy, we had a nice time drinking wine by the pond and chatting with lots of folks from all around. We also had the pleasure of speaking to the proprietor and wine maker who was engaging and happy to chat with our group about the winery and wine making process. It was great experience and I recommend those in town to spend some time here.

1 Thank emmett_fitzhume_21
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Helen was awesome and very informative!”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

This place is absolutely gorgeous! Helen was very personable and explained the different wines so well. We have really enjoyed being here.