“Oasis in Albuquerque; knowledgeable tasting room staff”

Casa Rondena Winery
Ranked #30 of 220 things to do in Albuquerque
denali1118
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Oasis in Albuquerque; knowledgeable tasting room staff”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

I have been coming to Casa Rondena since at least 2005 and I keep coming back for more! It is an enchanting winery that provides a beautiful setting for both casual wine drinking and special events. The knowledgeable staff in the tasting room, usually Helen and Kristen when we come in, make every one of our visits memorable. The new events that have been added at the winery for members are definitely worth the membership. We always bring out of town guests to Casa Rondena to enjoy this hidden gem!

Visited October 2012

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“Always enjoyable!”
Reviewed October 13, 2012

My husband and I have been 1629 Club members at Casa Rondena for some time. When we want to relax, which I must admit is often, our first thoughts are of Casa Rondena. The wine is exceptional by any standards, the grounds are beautiful, the tapas is delicious, and the staff is lovely. We simply went in for a tasting and to pick up our bottles tonight, and had a very nice time. Kristen and Helen in the tasting room are such nice, enjoyable young women, and they made our little "errand" a very enjoyable event, even after we broke a glass and stayed till closing. Sorry! We recommend Casa Rondena to anyone who appreciates good wine and a respite in their hectic lives.

Visited October 2012
“Awesome Wine, Amazing Servers”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

I must say, I was not a huge wine fan until my wife dragged me to Casa Rondena Winery last weekend. We spent at least 3 hours touring the vineyard and hanging out in the tasting room with two knowledgeable, funny, and (since my wife won't be reading this) beautiful women--Kristen and Helen Elizabeth. I learned everything I did not know about wine and life from these two. When I walked out of the winey I was actually high on life and wine--i think it was one of three stellar glasses (I made my wife drive). Thank you Casa Rondena for one of the best glasses of wine I've even had and for hiring two thoughtful, traveled, sophisticated people to pour it and educate me about the beauty of what was in the glass. Peace...

Denver, Colorado
“Absolutely Gorgeous!!!”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

My family and I went to Casa Rondena for some wine tasting during our first trip to Albuquerque. Let me start by saying the property is so beautiful! Truly something special! The architecture and grounds could be in Italy! Helen and Kristen were extremely knowledgeable and friendly! It really made the atmosphere warm and fun! The wine was delicious! We had to go home with a couple bottles of there white and red. Casa Rondena is an absolute must if you are ever in Albuquerque or even if you already live there! We will be back for sure!

Visited September 2012
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Magical winery”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Casa Rondena Winery in the beautiful North Valley of Albuquerque is nothing less than magical. Walking up the dirt path between the rows of grapes with the Sandia Mountains over your right shoulder and the traditional Spanish-style architecture ahead of you, you feel like you've stepped back in time. The wine offered here is diverse and full of character- a perfect complement to the fresh air and dynamic skies of New Mexico. I was fortunate to host some friends here for a special event and we had a tour of the barrel room and through the grounds. The staff is incredibly knowledgeable about the history of the winery and the production of their wines. I enthusiastically recommend Casa Rondena Winery for all visitors and residents who want to enjoy a beautiful oasis in the desert!

Visited July 2012