“Poor Customer Service”

Add it.
The Quilt Works
Ranked #16 of 103 Shopping in Albuquerque
Reviewed November 19, 2012

If you know going in that the employees are unfriendly and non-responsive, it may make the store's atmosphere less shocking. I usually buy online just to avoid going in because of their attitudes... It could be such a lovely experience in their store. A smile and greeting is a first step they should try... but that would require a clerk with personality.

9  Thank K S
There are newer reviews for The Quilt Works

Reviewed August 29, 2012

I emailed Dana at the Quiltworks several months ago regarding the possibility of having some restoration work done to a quilt I have. I was advised to come in and speak with Shirley and show her the problem areas. I finally got the chance to come in, called to be sure I was doing the right thing, and I was advised to come in and bring the quilt on a day Shirley was there. I came, waited for her to arrive, and she acted like I was a terrible inconvenience. I'm not sure if it was because my quilt is commercially produced or because she doesn't do repairs or what, but she grudgingly gave me the number of another place to try and didn't even say "you're welcome" when I thanked her graciously for the 5 minutes of her time that I spoke with her. I won't darken the doors of this place again and I surely won't recommend it to anyone else. Maybe if you're part of their club, you get different treatment.

11  Thank Amy H
Reviewed October 23, 2011

I went in the store on Saturday came from Santa fe with the purpose of purchasing fabric
to make my granddaughter a quilt. No one acknowledged that I was in the store. No one offered to help me. One person said hi, I think she worked there. They did have beautiful fabrics but I want to go where customer service is just as important as the merchandise.

9  Thank gloria364
Reviewed April 18, 2008

Friendly and expert staff; never an empty shelf: I can't leave without buying something! (I hope my husband doesn't read this!)

Great stock of needles, pins, quilting patterns, books, and fabrics, but take advantage of the many classes they offer if you can!! Quiltworks is also a good resource for other resources for all your quilting and sewing needs.

3  Thank LandoftheEnchanted1
Reviewed October 25, 2006

A great quilt shop. Friendly informed employees that know what they are talking about. Wonderful fabrics. The best!!!

2  Thank tuggertoo