“Came here for Breaking Bad prop--"blue crystal meth" candy”
Review of The Candy Lady

The Candy Lady
Ranked #2 of 71 Dessert in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Fast Food
Neighborhood: West Old Town
Description: Our patrons to find: Over 20 flavors of hand made fudge, A wall of black licorice, Fresh Dipped and Glazed Fruits, Hand Made Chocolates, Custom Cakes, Hard Candy and some unexpected treats. Inside is an elegant display of classic sweets, marvellous confections and modern delights. You will also find local flavors unique to New Mexico.
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This place was a must visit for me, being a Breaking Bad fan. I found from Frommers that the blue "crystal meth" in the show was made here so I had to come and get some as souvenirs. Each baggie cost a dollar and contained a card to tell you what it is. I didn't eat it yet as I think it's just sugar. Looks nicer in it's pristine condition.

The shop does a brisk business selling show related T-shirts as well as fudge, which I sampled but didn't buy. Oddly, there were some chocolate penises off to the side. I guess they also make bachelorette party favors.

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I recommend The Candy Lady for the best fudge I have ever tasted. The chocolate dipped strawberries are the biggest I have ever encountered, and very fresh.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

first thing you walk in you automatically want to go right, because it is so crowded. Well that is an x rated candy room. Then its just packed wall to wall people, when you finally do get to the counter, get your bag of blue rock candy, thats what you came for. Also get dipped cherries and strawberries so good. Then get out. lol.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

A real find for the Breaking Bad fan - these guys have jumped on the BB bandwagon and do it justice. You can buy the infamous blue 'meth' candy in baggies, as well as a host of other souvenirs. Take a 3 hr tour and be regaled with tales from people who had a hand in making the show what it is. If you just have a sweet tooth, you will be pleased as well, although you'll be lucky to get a word in edge-wise with all the BB fans in store. This is a must-do when in ABQ.

Reviewed November 15, 2013

My son and I went into the candy store because we are Breaking Bad. The Candy Lady was actually taping an interview, but took the time to talk with us and even take pictures with us.