“a must see in Old Town”

The Candy Lady
Ranked #2 of 71 Dessert in Albuquerque
Cuisines: Fast Food
Neighborhood: West Old Town
Description: Our patrons to find: Over 20 flavors of hand made fudge, A wall of black licorice, Fresh Dipped and Glazed Fruits, Hand Made Chocolates, Custom Cakes, Hard Candy and some unexpected treats. Inside is an elegant display of classic sweets, marvellous confections and modern delights. You will also find local flavors unique to New Mexico.
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Make sure you've eaten before you go in here or be prepared to try everything! Lots of variety, so many I hadn't seen before, like red and green chile. It was a lot of fun and has made me start using the phrase "like a kid in a lolly shop" more!

There are newer reviews for The Candy Lady

Reviewed January 24, 2013

you have to have an one mind to go in their, once your in their enjoy some really good chocolate and make sure you buy some really sexy chocolate for your friends and family. the place has all kinds of good candy too.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

she offered free samples of her candy when we went to see the luminarias at old town here in albuquerque..

Reviewed October 23, 2012

My daughter mentioned that she wanted to visit The Candy Lady after we had already purchased chocolate at another location for our walk through Old Town so I can only comment on the chili fudge which appeared to be a unique offering. It's great if you like a little heat in your food but it does not heat the entire mouth or tongue. The heat appears a short time after the fudge is in your mouth and is in the upper back part so you get the full taste of the fudge before the heat. Being from Michigan and having visited Mackinaw City and Island many times I know my fudge. On our next ABQ visit I'll have to return and try some of the other chocolate. I may even order some chili chocolate online. I left mine in ABQ so my daughter shipped it. It traveled well. Oh, and the candy lady herself was quite friendly. She and I had a nice conversation. Also, if you're a fan of Breaking Bad she sells small packets of blue meth (blue rock candy) for a buck. One of my co-workers asked me to bring some blue meth back so, on my return, I slipped him one of her packets and told him he didn't know what I had to go through to get it and Walt said hello. My daughter, her friend and my son (all in their 20's) were impressed by the x-rated section so watch out if you're easily offended or have young kids.

Reviewed October 11, 2012

There is not one thing I do not like about the Candy Lady. They make incredible fudge (including green and red chile), you name it they have it candy, the over 18 room (naughty candy) and they also do cakes, etc... We have been customers of the Candy Lady for over 20 years and every time we head to Albuquerque a stop in Old Town to visit and purchase some treats is on our lists of must haves. The staff are always friendly, the samples are plentiful, and the enjoyment of buying from a Local Business makes our trip in enjoyable. Try the green and red chile fudge!