“Different! Glad I went!”
Review of Dog House Drive In

Dog House Drive In
Ranked #59 of 1,769 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Fairfax, Virginia
“Different! Glad I went!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

So...picture this: small, dumpy-looking dive in the middle of Albuquerque. Dog neon sign above the restaurant. Simple menu, not much to choose from. CASH ONLY. Take your order at your vehicle and bring it out to you.
Had the footlong chili cheese dog and it was very good. Messy! Great chili though, and the side of fries were very good as well. Recommend!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank DJ B

San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Chili Cheese Hot Dogs and Burgers”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a iconic place to eat. Where they come to your vehicle and take your order and deliver it. You can also sit inside. This is a old historic place to eat and has wonderful red chili but is spicy. Once you eat one you'll want more.......

Visited May 2013
1 Thank dslzr
Hervey Bay, Australia
“My first visit to a "Drive-In" Hot Dog place”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I loved it!! A very pleasant, polite young lady was taking orders in the car-park, and delivering the completed orders in what seemed like no time at all. My Hot Dogs were so good, I returned a couple more times to make certain that I wasn't mistaken on my first visit... Nope, the quality control was "Spot-On"... Perfect!
Don't know when/if I will get back to Albuquerque, but if I do, my first stop will be at the "Dog House Drive In"!!

Visited May 2013
Village of Los Ranchos
“Whoa...this Rte. 66 Icon has even been in Breaking Bad!”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Du…uh!!! ‘Open Kitchens’, ‘Exhibition Kitchens’ have often been proffered as a sign of “Haute” dining the past few years…the ‘in’ thing. Last night, as I sat at the counter of the Dog House munching my 500 something Foot Long (NM red) Chile Cheese Dog con onions, folks musta thought I was some sort of ‘lost soul’ per bursting out loud in my affected giggle for a half minute per having an epiphany after close to 45 yrs of ‘dining’ here: YO… The Dog House has been on the forefront of “Haute” as it has probably been one of the very first of the Exhibition/Open Kitchens anywhere!!!!
- Whao, not only can ya see it…almost be in it… from the counter, but ya see it through the window as ya walk up to the door. Last night was particular eventful as I was just in time when a new, fresh, and humungous olla full of its chile being on the, who knows how old, i.e. well seasoned, grille!!!
- As is typical, the 1/2 dozen booths and half the spinning counter stools were full of…contrary to some public opinions…sophisticated, i.e. being in-the-know-where-it’s-at, New Mexicans as I along with another family of Gabachos chowed down on a Sunday eve!
- “Chow!”

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank bob c
“What a chili cheese dog...I crave!”
Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

This restaurant does not offer atmosphere but fantastic, chili hot, chili cheese dog. But I order the dog from the staff that comes to my car and delivers to my car, drive to Tingly Beach where I consume. Each time I've attended ABQ little theatre this has been part of the routine since I live so far.

• Visited June 2013