“Great Food and love the old fashion drive in”
Review of Dog House Drive In

Dog House Drive In
Ranked #61 of 1,781 Restaurants in Albuquerque
Cuisines: American
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cortez, Colorado, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food and love the old fashion drive in”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We lived in Albuquerque for ages and this was our favorite place to go. It has great chili and I their cheese fries are over the top. Drive to Albuquerque yearly just to bring back the Dog House's foot long chili, cheese, and onion dogs. A must eat if you are in Albuquerque.

Visited August 2012

Roswell NM
“Great food and service!”
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This place is a little whole in the wall we had always heard about but never tried. We needed something quick so we decided to check it out and let me say that I am not a fan of hot dogs but theses were delicious. I had the chili cheese Fritos with ground beef and they were a little too spicy for me but I have never been able to eat spicy food. Non the less they were very good. My husband had the foot long chili dog and it was also very good. They split the dog in half and cook it on a flat top and serve it in a bun that has been toasted just a little on the inside. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. There is no place to sit inside you just pull up in the parking lot and a very nice lady comes to your car and takes your order. Service was fast and friendly! I will be going back for sure!!!

• Visited May 2013
Plano, Texas
“Route 66 - best hot dog and neon sign of all time!”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Okay, this may not be the best hot dog ever, but their neon sign is the best of all time! It has a weenie dog wagging it's tail and gobbling down hot dogs.....so go at night when you can really enjoy the sign. The night we were there, a sweet gal came to our vehicle to get our order....very old school and a true highlight along the old Route 66 in Albuquerque. Bring your camera as you will want a photo of the sign when lit up at night.

Visited April 2013
Grand Junction Colorado
“Went because of Breaking Bad”
Reviewed March 11, 2013

I had some time to kill in town and thought it might be fun to see if the hot dog stand I saw in Breaking bad was real. IT IS! The dogs/fries are great. They have a very tasty chili. A+++

Visited March 2013
4 Thank THETRUTH1952
SW Colorado
“Loved the chili cheese dogs!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

The young lady waiting on the cars in the parking lot was so friendly and greeted us with a smile. She came to the car to take our order since the small inside dining room was packed! Husband had a large vanilla shake and loved it too. The chili on the hot dogs was quite spicy and delicious. We hope to return next time we're in the area!

• Visited March 2013