“Great food and service!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Neighborhood: Downtown
Roswell NM
“Great food and service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This place is a little whole in the wall we had always heard about but never tried. We needed something quick so we decided to check it out and let me say that I am not a fan of hot dogs but theses were delicious. I had the chili cheese Fritos with ground beef and they were a little too spicy for me but I have never been able to eat spicy food. Non the less they were very good. My husband had the foot long chili dog and it was also very good. They split the dog in half and cook it on a flat top and serve it in a bun that has been toasted just a little on the inside. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. There is no place to sit inside you just pull up in the parking lot and a very nice lady comes to your car and takes your order. Service was fast and friendly! I will be going back for sure!!!

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Plano, Texas
“Route 66 - best hot dog and neon sign of all time!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

Okay, this may not be the best hot dog ever, but their neon sign is the best of all time! It has a weenie dog wagging it's tail and gobbling down hot dogs.....so go at night when you can really enjoy the sign. The night we were there, a sweet gal came to our vehicle to get our order....very old school and a true highlight along the old Route 66 in Albuquerque. Bring your camera as you will want a photo of the sign when lit up at night.

Visited April 2013
Grand Junction Colorado
“Went because of Breaking Bad”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

I had some time to kill in town and thought it might be fun to see if the hot dog stand I saw in Breaking bad was real. IT IS! The dogs/fries are great. They have a very tasty chili. A+++

Visited March 2013
4 Thank THETRUTH1952
SW Colorado
“Loved the chili cheese dogs!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

The young lady waiting on the cars in the parking lot was so friendly and greeted us with a smile. She came to the car to take our order since the small inside dining room was packed! Husband had a large vanilla shake and loved it too. The chili on the hot dogs was quite spicy and delicious. We hope to return next time we're in the area!

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sanjuanmountains
Atlanta, Georgia
“I maybe wrong but this place is terrible”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

They must have been doing something right over the past 50 years but I, in all honesty, did not see one sliver of good in this place. As the name states, it is a drive in and may I say a dog of a place to eat. . We were greeted by a super nice lady, working the curb, and wanted to know if we were eating inside or in our car. We opt to eat inside to get the full exposure. The building is small, by any standard, with only a few small plastic tables with attached seats and a counter holding 10 people. As you enter the room, you will notice a door that says, "Employees Only". To say the door needs a lot of attention either with a paint brush or good old fashion cleaning would be an understatement. The rest of the room followed in the general theme of the door with trash on the floor and in general a grimy feel to it. We ordered different items off the menu on the wall: tater tots, corn dogs, chili dogs, nachos, milk shakes and soft drinks. I thought I would need to see a surgeon to get the taste out of my mouth of the "nachos". Plain cheap corn chips and government issued cheese poured over it with the end result being soggy chips with oil dripping out of them The tots and corn dogs were for sure taken out of the freezer and thrown into a deep fryer without regard to taste. The chilli dog offered a poor wiener split down the center, placed in a bun with spicy chilli on top. The chilli was the only the thing that had a honest flavor. My wife and daughter enjoyed the soft ice cream shakes and said they were worth the price, $2.99. I know I am being critical of this location but sorry to all you local folks but this place is definitely an acquired taste or appeal to it. For everyone else, be warned.

• Visited January 2013