“Average zoo...nice stroll”
Review of ABQ BioPark Zoo

ABQ BioPark Zoo
Ranked #8 of 224 things to do in Albuquerque
Reviewed January 5, 2013

If you want a nice stroll and have a thing for zoos it's worth a visit. Certainly not a "must see" but it is what it is.

There are newer reviews for ABQ BioPark Zoo

Reviewed January 3, 2013

The Albuquerque Zoo has always been one of our favorites. So clean and so many unique surprises. I highly recommend it.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I went twice this summer to the Albuquerque Zoo. Both times I took children (the first time I took my nieces and nephew, and the second I took my mother-n-laws day care children). Everything is perfectly well balanced, nothing is too long of a walk and there is ample shade from the sun. Plus my favorite was that everything is clean.

Reviewed December 21, 2012

I was one of only about 10 people at the zoo during my visit there on a very cold day in mid-Dec. I'd left ABQ 3 yrs ago and this was my first visit back. I used to volunteer at the zoo and it was as good as I remember it was; many animals were not outside due to cold, but the ones that were were active and seemed to be enjoying it. I got to watch the feeding of the polar bear twin brothers, and one of the giraffes followed me around like a puppy for about 20 minutes - I think he was lonely since hardly anyone had probably been at the zoo lately. Well worth a visit anytime, just bundle up if going in winter. Oh, and one of the cafe workers gave me a free hot chocolate, that was a nice treat.

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Good variety, easy walking, and a great place for kids. Food is available in a restaurant or to take out in a picnic area. Look for newborns.

Been to ABQ BioPark Zoo? Share your experiences!